New seedlings growing too fast?

So I started experimenting with clones. Once I realized that they were going to Take, I figured that I needed to get a few seeds germinated to balance up my grow to stay on similar schedule. The Granddaddy Purp clones, Gelato seeds. I used the same Rapid Rooter moss mix for both. Now, 6 out of the 7 shown good germination, 1 (actually another 1 didn’t, but I didn’t even try to plant that 1) was questionable, but I thought I’d try. Now, the 6 Jumped up very quickly, but fell over. I think they tried to grow up too fast for the soft spongey soil didn’t make them Work for their stability of a thicker stock. I gently packed some coco around the hole. Some of their roots are growing out of the bottom of the tray, and normally I’d say I need to transplant them. However, they are very skinny, fragile and I don’t know how to keep them alive, laying down as they are.
trying to upload pics from phone, while I’m using PC.

3 Likes

Welcome ! your seedlings are stretching for light. I would go ahead and do a transplant, and backfill up on the stems to about an inch from the foliage. Get a small fan create a little air flow to help strengthen the stems make the ladies dance just a little. Also might consider lowering the light, to minimize stretch. Just my thoughts good luck.

7 Likes

thanks. I did have them off to the side on a germination pad. I took the lid off to give them some air flow, but that’s when I started seeing problems. So, I put the lid back on if the little fan was still too much?. I had the light down closer, but, the clones were needing a little more stretch and, until I can go to harvest in the tent with the better lights, I needed the angle to cover the 2 gal. pots they are in.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah Granddaddy Purple Clones look good. You’re going to have a tent full.

2 Likes

I realized that mistake on the 1st attempt. I ended up buying a 2nd tent, 2x the lights and everything else. Got quite costly, besides my electric bill doubled +, I sure hope that it’s a good harvest and I don’t regret all this work, time, effort…

2 Likes

Those Purple leds ran my electric bill sky high as well. They just aren’t really efficient.

2 Likes

I have it turned down to the Veg. only. I did upgrade the tents with Mars Hydro and they are much brighter. I still have a few more weeks of bloom, then everything will get switched around. This is just a make shift area I hadn’t fully planned out for. But, I wanted to speed up the cycle time between the harvests. And, 1st grow, so, planning a 2nd grow using cloning, I wasn’t sure if any of it was going to work.

1 Like

Happy birthday !

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

@Noctis420 HAPPY BIRTHDAY

1 Like

Thanks!