New seedlings autos how long lights a day

White widow, my first time , grow tent , seedlings couple inches tall. I put them in their forever pot, right from gemination .
Been running a couple fans and a grow light 195 watt instead of 250watt. Temperature stays about 80 degrees with light running. Plants about 2 foot from lights.
Any suggestions for time a day to run lights and distance.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Most growers run autos 18 hours on and 6 off. Distance depends on the type of light you have. In general, if you can feel the heat from the light on the back of your hand when your hand is placed at the plant level, then it is too close. Excessive distance will lead to a lanky plant.

1 Like

Light is a ,
Grow ace advance-spectrum-240w-sun-series-4-bar-full-spectrum-led-grow-light. Been running 12 on 12 off , auto flowering.

1 Like

Also my humidity has been about 44 to low 50 ish , with tent inside temperatures about 78-80 degrees, when running lights . Also 6 inch exhaust fan. Main room only about 8 wide by 12 foot long, has air conditioning in window, ac set on 69 degrees. Is this low humidity gonna hurt my plants or help.

1 Like

It’s not ideal, but it will work. It’s a great range for flowering.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :blush: Do you have your babies domed? That would help with humidity. Just put a clear solo cup sprayed inside with water over them. Do you have any pictures? Happy Growing :blush::v:

2 Likes

Welcome @BigJer

That is actually a pretty good starting point. Watch for excess stretch as the seedling gets going and you can raise or lower the height to control that.
There are plenty of growers here that use the 12/12 cycle for autos. I am in the 18/6 crowd myself as @MidwestGuy mentioned.
@Flitme is correct about the domes. They will make a tiny hothouse for the young sprout. I cut a 2L juice jug in half for mine. Planters are pre-watered before sprouts go in.
Here’s 2 sprouts with one dome removed. Done this way they won’t get any water added for at least a week-10 days.

4 Likes