New seedling. Help

Hey everyone. I didn’t make to make a post just for this little issue, but I’m not 100% sure what the issue is. I got a little seedling coming up, the seed shell is off, but there still appears to be something on the end of the seedling… part of the seed yet? Should I worry? Try to break it lose? Thoughts? Sorry for the Blurple pic, but you get the idea.

I guess I could mention my other seedling too… it seems to be a little awkward in its growth.

My 3rd seedling looks completely healthy though… so my climate in the tent is good I think.

If it’s some kind of brownish skin left over from the seed shell, you can take it off carefully with tweezers… That’s what I do. But I don’t have a lot of grows under my belt yet so maybe check with more knowledgeable growers, people like @Covertgrower, @PurpNGold74 @Mote

2 Likes

@kaptain3d That’s what I think it is. If I look reeeeeeaaaaally close it looks like there’s a very thin film like material wrapped around the end of it. I’m afraid if I use a tweezers I’ll end up breaking it since it’s so little.

But I think this is the same issue that happened last time. I just left it go assuming it would break free, it ended up dying.

Yeah, use tweezers, and remove it the best you can.

1 Like

Not the sharpest spoon in the drawer (me that is) but start by giving it a fine Spritzing of Distilled water and let it soak a bit to soften it up, just a drop or two to adhere to the membrane.
Then very gently use the tweezers to remove. I believe @monkman also uses saliva to soften it up.
I have this happen every time I drop seeds. The best precaution is to be attentive when they’re at that stage and help it remove it, main thing is to not let it dry on the sprout :wink:
Just dont rush it!

3 Likes

Try misting with water before using the tweezers it might help

1 Like

You guys rock! I was debating just letting it go, hoping it would fall off, but I did that last time and the seedling died. So… I took out the tweezers. Brought the seedling into my kitchen under better lights and so I could sit at the table. And I began the operation. A few min of tense focus and precision later… Success!

3 Likes

Now she looks happy she didn’t like having that hat on

1 Like

honest to goodness @Ryanz27 next time just put a gob of saliva on it. it will go up into the shell and if you give it a hour or two you will be able to slide the helmet right off. it is less strain and the little girl.

if it won’t slide right off, put another gob on and try again in an hour.

2 Likes