New seed day! Time to start the winter grow

Nice setup - have all your essentials shelved right beside tent. Great job :+1:

What are you feeding? If organic you won’t water until runoff and don’t have to do a thing with it if any puddles (will bottom soak).

I used to use shop vac - one of the many reasons I switched from bottled nutes

Most do 18/6 from a efficiency stand point. Some argue they need dark to heal but nothing proven that I’ve seen so far. Shouldn’t hurt running 24/7

I’ve never ran HID but I would assume you’d need to dial it in. I would run 50 through veg and would start kicking up mid way through flower. Again I’ve never ran it though - I’d trust your instincts :+1: goodluck m8

3 Likes

Each of the six plants in my main room sit on a base which has casters, a raised rack and a drip pan. The drip pan can be slid out and dumped or, when flushing a transfer pump or shop vac to remove large amounts of runoff.
Here is a photo showing the cart:

Four of the six plants have a SCROG screen, the other two are trained to the same height as the screen.

Having the base on casters allows me to move the plants around, rotate them, and gives me excellent access for pruning and inspection.

7 Likes

Yeah that’s nice and I’m sure very convenient, I had seen some of your PVC racks that you built a couple years ago, that’s why I wanted to tag you in to share with @Deez . Stay safe and have a good holiday my friend.

4 Likes

You as well @kellydans…we will be staying home and celebrating very quietly.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the great advice folks.

@Weedlover1 and @kellydans thanks for tagging in some assistance

@Zee all these were under t5 fluorescents so far and I’ve got em under the 1000w MH now and dropped the light down to about 30” above the tops the other night… now that I’ve got the venting all hooked up through the hood I can probably drop it down lower. I think I’ll stick with 24/7 for this run but probably do 18/6 for the next batch.

I do grow organic so I don’t anticipate a ton of runoff but shop vac I can keep nearby and I can pick up a baster. I’ve noticed the grow bags tend to let water out the sides just as easily as the bottom sometimes so they seem like they’ll make a bit more of a mess than typical pots. Jury’s still out for me on these things.

@merlin44 I’ve always been interested to try scrog - I’d love to see your grow with that set up. I had some fun with LST back over the summer and at the minimum I’ll be topping and bending this crop but maybe some scroggin is in my future.

5 Likes

Here is a link to my Monday update:

3 Likes

So @merlin44 you’re either an old engineer or someone who missed his true calling. Very good set up especially with the Drip trays. I’d imagine the way you did that your plants can drip and not sit in it and you can probably just let the drip pans evaporate Eh?

1 Like

You are correct, I am old and I am a retired electrical engineer. I was a self-employed general contractor for about 10 years as well.

I can let the runoff evaporate sometimes but it is easy enough to slide the trays out and dump them in a bucket for disposal as well. Thank you for the kind words and have a safe, healthy and happy Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

Makes sense since you can easily slide the drip trays out. I have limited vertical space or at least I can tell I will be dealing with that down the road. Even though I’m in a full height tent you lose at least a foot or 15” to the light hood and hanging hardware… as it is I wall-mounted the in-line fan outside the tent to maximize head space and minimize bends in the exhaust vent much as possible. Anyhow I’d have to build a slightly lower profile version of what you’ve done but I dig the concept and I have fun working with PVC fittings.

Thanks for the knowledge and links.

Wanna see something surreal this thanksgiving? Check out the Macy’s parade on YouTube - no crowds - they’re performing in silence.

4 Likes

Did a little tidying up today and got the ventilation sorted out And components mounted on the wall. Somethings not right with the temperature sensor for the cloud line S6 all of a sudden. It was reading fine before but after mounting everything it stared reading 110F and 99% humidity which is totally wrong. So I followed the instructions to press the menu and down arrow to calibrate the temp and I was too stupid to figure it out. Next thing I know it’s reading 32F. I have no clue what’s up - I didn’t damage the sensor wire or the sensor as far as I can tell. I’ve tried reseating the connector to the controller - didn’t change anything. I’m a computer tech so of course I’ve powered it off and back on again :laughing: For now I have the fan running in manual mode. Any advice?

4 Likes

AC Infinity for the win. I emailed them over the weekend and they responded today. Asked me to take a video of the issue in action and they’d send me a new sensor and controller. I’m totally satisfied with that service!

2 Likes

Here’s a look in the tent. The super silver haze are in the back and the maui/diesel are in the front row. Those two just got transplanted on Saturday probably a couple days later than they should’ve been. I got distracted drinking beer and eating turkey and left those two to eat their own lower leaves in the meantime :joy: no harm… just some dead leaves.

Things are perking up now though after the transplanting…maybe I’ll try the whole one pot-no transplant thing at some point. I rock a pretty hot mix though so I tend to like my plants to be at least a little grown up before transplanting.

I topped the two SSH yesterday morning. I’m gonna LST from there.

4 Likes

Wow been two weeks… time flies between turkey day and Christmas.

I got these great flexible soft rubber ties on a 25’ spool at the agway. It was a good upgrade from the surveyors twine I was using when I started LST.

There’s a few friends in the grow tent along with the doja. There’s some chives, dill that just sprouted, Rosemary, mint that I just planted, an arm that someone who shall remain nameless knocked off of the Thanksgiving Cactus that I replanted, and a pup from this desert flower plant we have upstairs.

I don’t want to rush into flowering but hoping that by the end of the month things are looking ready.

4 Likes

Everyone looking perky and happy after last nights bondage session. A little light training and a drink of water (or White Russian if you’re human) and everyone is looking good.

5 Likes

Tagging @Deez along my growmie little late but I made it. If u don’t mind.

@kellydans small 3 gal shop work well into bloom

1 Like

Looking good, love the way you got them spread out.
Nice plants good luck

1 Like

Thanks man. These rubberized poseable ties really make it easy to put the branches right where you want them.

Getting this close to flower I’m trying to decide if I should stick with my usual program of fox farms Open Sesame / Beastie Blooms / Cha Ching or try just top dressing with some high P guano or phosphate.

@Growcoast come on in. We’re just vegging out for now but the party’s gonna start sometime between Christmas and New Years

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not a net person I like the freedom of being able to take my plants in and out of the tent when and if I need to. I use a similar method to spread my plants out for better light penetration.

I’m fairly new with LST to tell the truth - I’ve always been topping/FIMing but the way she just keeps growing with no stop with LST is great.

I can’t wait to do some outdoors this summer.

1 Like