New scrOGger how to set the net

So . . . I’m new to scrOG and also SOG; I’m not really sure what the difference is and every time I look online, there is a different answer.

Q: is this the right way to scrOG?

STRAIN: Blue Dream
MEDIUM: Super soil = FFOF, Neem seed, hydrocorn, kelp, superchar, worm castings and Top Dressed with Nature’s Pride veg
COMPOST TEA: Boogie Brew at late stages of veg
POTTING: 5 gal. “smart pots”
PH: 6.0
LIGHTING: Originated in 2X2 tent with 125 W CFL Agrobrite 18/6 cycle. Moved to MH 600 W 5X5 tent with exhaust and 2 oscillating fans 18/6 cycle
TEMP: 73-80 degrees
HUMIDITY: 45-60 %
WATER: 1 tbs Liquid Seaweed/gal + 5 ml Blackstrap Molasses/gal

1 Like

As they start to reach the trellis, and pick through, poke them back down so they stay. Keep doing this until it’s 50% full and flip.

1 Like

That is scrog (screen of green). Sog (sea of green) is where you grow a lot of small plants instead of a few big ones.

1 Like

It can be difficult scroging multiple plants in one net. You figure different growth rates, different maturity rates, etc. Also, have your plants been topped?

1 Like

Another very practical consideration of scrogging the entire area of a 5x5 is access to all of the plants.
You need access to each plant to water and maintain it. I have 4 northern lights, 5 gallon smart pots in a 3x3

. It is a very full house. It is hands and knees to water the plants in the back of the tent and to remove unwanted leaves and nonviable buds. If you have access from more than one point, this may not be an issue. My tent has only one door and is in a corner so access is limited.
Even though the canopy was very even when I set them in the net, like @BobbyDigital said, you are certain to encounter differences in height between the plants. Another alternative is to scrog individual plants. There are individual scrog kits out there. Some fairly basic and reasonably priced while others are quite elaborate and expensive. Lots of DIY set ups if so inclined. Thought I would throw it out there if you hadn’t considered it.

1 Like

I’m not really sure how to top yet.