New round! Cherry Cola X2 by FastBuds

@dbrn32 @Graysin @Newt @Nicky this ain’t too much defol is it :rofl: the big fans were casting shadows over the entire Center of the plant and all the branches. Also cut off any leaves that were touching soil after doing a bit of tying down.

Before (this morning before lights off)

After (now just after lights back on)

3 Likes

Nope. She’ll be just fine.

3 Likes

Sweet thanks brother

2 Likes

I don’t even know what that means. :rofl:

4 Likes

:face_with_monocle: looks good to me

1 Like

@Graysin too much defoliation* :rofl::rofl: apologies

1 Like

I meant “I have never encountered too much defoliation.” :joy:

Strategy is king. I have removed every single fan leaf before. There’s just gotta be intention behind everything you do when it comes to removing plant material.

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh I get ya now :laughing: Yeahh they were blocking so many branches, and when i tucked them or tied down branches they were touching the soil so I thought she’d probably appreciate them coming off

2 Likes

Personally I never remove leaf on veg.
The more leaf the more photosynthesis, this more energy to grow bigger and faster and stronger.
Defoilation is for after flip when the plants process changes, buds need light to grow and the plant will. Have enough sugar leafs to sustain its self as well as massive roots.

But that’s my 2c

4 Likes

@Nicky thank you! I really didn’t wanna do it but the under branches were growing very uneven where the leaves were blocking a lot of them and leaf tucking didn’t work, definitely won’t be doing any more until much later on though

1 Like

This then this morning, the small one defo got over her hissy fit and has exploded over night!

And the G14

2 Likes

@Nicky you can kinda see how uneven the branches were growing on the larger cherry cola that I defoliated, that was really bugging me :laughing:

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Graysin @Newt @Nicky @Covertgrower

Would this light be ok while I save up for a good HLG light? IF I was to upgrade tent just for a better light, only because I’m not happy with the coverage and weight of the one I’m using (close to 20KG!!)

2.9 Umols is quite decent right?

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy it based on the diodes in use (281s).

Have you looked at KingBrite lights yet? You have to purchase off Alibaba, which feels sketch as hell, but @Nicky and I use KingBrites with some great success. They rival HLG in a lot of ways. You can also send them a note or message with them to get them to state a lower value on the lights to get cheaper customs/import fees if you happen to get a light they need to ship from China as opposed to one with local stock (they are pretty good about mentioning if they have US, Canada, EU stock of the item)

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of them brother! I’ll have a look into them now thank you @Graysin

It is good, i just don’t think it’s probably accurate. If i were in your shoes i wouldn’t spend that kind of money on a temporary fix. I would just do the best i can with what i have until i can get what i want.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 sounds like good advice :saluting_face::blush: thank you brother

1 Like

I’m late, but I agree with all of the above.

2 Likes

Thanks growmie @Newt

1 Like

After some staking down of branches and some leaf tucking they looking so much better imo, what we think guys they looking okay? Funny thing the smaller cherry cola that was stunted is now biggest one :rofl:

@Newt @dbrn32 @Graysin @Nicky @OhioIndoorGrower @ShockDog @PurpNGold74 @SilvaBack203 @The_Chef

8 Likes