New RDWC system setup

Hey! Yah just saw he tagged me in your journal, nice! But yep yep, have 2x 20 gal totes inside, and a 21gal trash can outside for rez

1 Like

What size tent is that?

1 Like

Damn! Shout out @HappyHydroGrower
You covered like everything I could think of :laughing::v:

Oh wait, how did you manage to get the threaded tractor supply bulkheads to work? I know there’s some sort of adapter to be able to slip the pvc into, not sure what it’s called tho :thinking:

1 Like

It’s a 4x4!

1 Like

Here’s my horrid diagram of what I’m working on.

Be right back.

1 Like

Here ya go. This piece of wood with one side and I was able to hold the other side.
And remember, lots of plumbers tape.

1 Like

Ohhh wait, I can just use one of these, with lots of tape, right?

1 Like

Size tent?

What if you had a piece of plywood sitting on wheels that was big enough to support all of your equipment. That way if you needed to pull it out from the wall, it would all move together. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yup you have to screw that into the union. Make sure you hit that with tape as well.

1 Like

I did think of something like that before I reassembled the tent, but decided I’d just make sure to leave more then enough room from tent to the wall for easy rez access.

I figured rigging the return line to the back of the tent where there’s only a bottom opening and out of the way would be best!

Copy that!

So I’m just about to head out to lowes to grab a 1/2” x 3/4” elbow for the rez pump, and also those threaded adapters.
I just happen to grab a 3/4” ball valve the other day.
I’ll grab a 1 1/2” ball valve so they can be assembled all together

1 Like

Ah hell… wait a second lol, before I rinse repeat the last 2 days. I need to rethink the pumps, if there’s a way to not have to submerse them then I’m all for it. I have 2x 400gph active aqua pumps

1 Like

Wait a sec, here we go. I’ll Pull a page out of the ole happyhydro play book, :laughing:
So I think I’ll go ahead and submerse the pump for the totes, and run the chiller as inline. Since I’ve already got most of the parts for the submerse pump.
Have plenty of hose to use, I saw one of your pictures from Robert’s thread, very useful for visual representation

1 Like

You are a legend @HappyHydroGrower !
Thanks so much again for the info.
Think I’ve got everything I need to get this sucker up and running.
So glad I read your post about the single ball valve union thing, didn’t even know it existed! Perfect :+1: :smile:

1 Like

Mine us a 3x3 so im going to do 1 27gal inside and one outside until i can get my main 9x10 prepped for my grw room

2 Likes

Woo! Finally got everything assembled. Now time to clean and cement!
What ya think @HappyHydroGrower

5 Likes

Absolutely marvelous! Job well done! Can’t wait to see something growing in there. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I love the setup. Great work :clap::clap:. I also have a similar setup as yours .RDWC (yeaahh baaaaby) :v:
Go Check it out . Best of luck with your new setup .:v:

1 Like

Thanks a million @HappyHydroGrower !
Just finished gluing it all together, going to let it settle for a bit then leak test it
Chiller and rez came out better then I thought it would

Hey thanks @FrostySlothy ! I like your setup too, very nestled in

2 Likes

Nice job brother! Very clean.

1 Like