New RDWC system setup

Cut the roots off at the bottom of the basket, pour out the pebbles and transplant them to soil to finish the grow. Then you can revamp the system pick up on the next run. Atleast that keeps this run going for you. Thats what i did with the kushs I had in my set up. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Water temp? That’s all I got. It’s got to be something simple. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I feel for you @Chrisr36, i deal with this constantly, but usually only gets bad on making a new res or when i add any sugar i have to monitor. It actually looks fairly clean comparing the roots to the water. Some thoughts on how i prep my res. I dont add any plants for about a week to let this kind of stuff work itself out, and try not to change it for the same reasons. I dont see a lot of this challenge on these forums and there must be a trigger for it we haven’t discovered yet.

First 3 grows i had this crippled me until i went over the top filtering, and adding extra bacteria. Again, most dont expirence this, but there is something about this environment that it likes and every time i mix a res there is bacteria war. After war is over and solution stabilizes, then i add the plants.

1 Like

That was for sure my first thoughts, tho there very well could still be a leak somewhere but I have gone overboard on proofing everything i can think of, so no luck there :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Damn that’s a wild idea. Didn’t even know that was possible, push come to shove in the end I just may try this, thanks man!

Ayye Happy, water temp js a constant 66 degrees! Chiller is set to that, and temps around the plants are ranging 70-71

Brother, that is what been eating at me. I’m just so dumbfounded.
I am going to keep them and use them purely for research, and heh if they yield a little something then that’s a bonus I suppose :+1::raised_hands:

2 Likes

Duct tape around the top 2 rows of holes in your net pot. Almost a guarantee that is where light is coming from.

And put a piece of tape over the holes in the lip of your pot.

1 Like

Man, this is so true. Hell your my only source to try and learn this since you have had it and conquered it.

This is what else threw me off, hell the water still looks good.
I’ve been dumping a cap of dr tims every 3 days. Water doesn’t get cloudy and it seems to help it stay clean. Not the roots tho! Idk why how or what is up with those. That bacteria is just feasting.
A random thought but worth asking I suppose, if my hydroton was contaminated or something and is just storing the bacteria, so I cleaned the system. Thorough, only just sprayed the pellets with a hose and maybe some h202.

1 Like

Here’s a snap of them currently… there, trying with all there might :muscle: :seedling:

2 Likes

Maybe try putting some kind of weight along the edge of the bubblewrap to hold it down. It looks as if it may be bowed up. As @Graysin said, I believe it is a light leak.

2 Likes

Copy that! Definitely worth a try, really appreciate the info. I did only lay a single layer of that reflectix (@HappyHydroGrower :+1:) when I assembled the system. So I put up a second one and I’ll tape err down.

1 Like

Doubled and bundled!
Here’s 2 current snaps, any ideas or possible light leaks?
And yes I even wrapped my rez like a manic and it looks like a crazy robot.
@GreggT @Graysin thx guys

1 Like

If it is a light leak, looks like no more.

2 Likes

Did you seal up the top 2 rows of your net pot? Cuz I wouldn’t be so sure til that’s done, too.

1 Like

@Chrisr36 are you on my journal? I just transplanted some photo kushs that had root rot in hydro and they are doing really well. ive moved them outside to see if the season will flower them out. :sunglasses:

1 Like

As a matter of fact I haven’t, might as well tackle that one real quick and check it off :+1: thanks grandmaster @Graysin

I don’t believe I am man, that sounds interesting tho I will need to have a look!

2 Likes

I say let it ride, the Dr. Tims will win, let it sit a week full nutes with Tims until it stableizes. Thats why the water is clean…its already winning. Then try plants after that shit is activly being hunted like hunger games bro in a week. I bet it stays clean for you after a week and bacteria war is over.

2 Likes

Cut all the bad roots off. Force them to start over. You may be surprised how quick she’ll recover. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey, you wanna know the ironic thing here is, I have the white totes… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Man this is the most inspirational shit ever :joy:
But I absolutely agree, the water has stayed nice and clean, and I’ve all ready seen alottt of the residue on the tote walls clear up.

IF… these things bounce back again :laughing::laughing::raised_hands:
Then a solution may be afoot. From the extra set of eyes on light proofing thx @Graysin @GreggT

And finding the right combination of the dr Tim’s and HG and nutes. We may just pull it off.

All conditions are perfect,
Water temp 66,
Temp 70 / 60
The jack’s unquestionably helped a lot to, comparing the water from this last bacteria attack in the flora trio nute mix

So perhaps in a week I’m not seeing progress, I’ll try

This exactly, cut out some roots and wash them but not sterilize everything so the coined ‘bacteria ear’ and fight on :joy::+1:

2 Likes

Hahahaah really? Damn, did you layer up on the reflectix?
My light is reaally bright even at 25%.

2 Likes