New RDWC system setup

Wait a sec, here we go. I’ll Pull a page out of the ole happyhydro play book, :laughing:
So I think I’ll go ahead and submerse the pump for the totes, and run the chiller as inline. Since I’ve already got most of the parts for the submerse pump.
Have plenty of hose to use, I saw one of your pictures from Robert’s thread, very useful for visual representation

1 Like

You are a legend @HappyHydroGrower !
Thanks so much again for the info.
Think I’ve got everything I need to get this sucker up and running.
So glad I read your post about the single ball valve union thing, didn’t even know it existed! Perfect :+1: :smile:

1 Like

Mine us a 3x3 so im going to do 1 27gal inside and one outside until i can get my main 9x10 prepped for my grw room

2 Likes

Woo! Finally got everything assembled. Now time to clean and cement!
What ya think @HappyHydroGrower

4 Likes

Absolutely marvelous! Job well done! Can’t wait to see something growing in there. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I love the setup. Great work :clap::clap:. I also have a similar setup as yours .RDWC (yeaahh baaaaby) :v:
Go Check it out . Best of luck with your new setup .:v:

1 Like

Thanks a million @HappyHydroGrower !
Just finished gluing it all together, going to let it settle for a bit then leak test it
Chiller and rez came out better then I thought it would

Hey thanks @NJ49ersFan ! I like your setup too, very nestled in

2 Likes

Nice job brother! Very clean.

1 Like

Thanks @Jarlax
I just hope there’s no leaks. Going to leak test today after worrrk :face_with_peeking_eye::v:

2 Likes

When i wet tested my contraption my goal was it holds water for 3 days without leaks with more water in it than i would normally run so the pressure created by water weight is greater than normal to ensure at normal operation almost 0 leak chance. 3 days also gives that pressure a chance to “seep out”

2 Likes

Damn that’s a great idea. Thanks for that!
I will do the exact same thing

2 Likes

In which direction do you have the bulkheads turned?

I had to run mine with threads out. Flat side inside. Threaded side on the outside of the grow tote, they seem have a tighter fit for the male pvc threads.

Hope this will help.:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ahh! I did mine the exact opposite…
Umm damn :thinking:

1 Like

I mean, I see the culprit. :melting_face:
How the hell would I manage to reverse this if I’ve already cemented the adapters

1 Like

Perhaps if I just turned the bulkheads around, it would make me need to push the pvc going to the outside rez back a little bit but that should be easy to manage. Then just attempt to get everything to snug up without to much hassle :expressionless:
I’ve got plenty of spare random pvc and parts. Hmm

1 Like

Did you use regular pvc glue to attach the pvc to the bulkhead?
It take different glue for those two to different materials to join, if you didn’t already know.

If possible get bulkheads with female threads on the inside. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh wait what?! I didn’t put cement on the bulkhead to the adapter. I left it without any and just used tape. I thought that was the way to go, but now thinking about it… that clearly seems dumb :laughing:
I have the right glue for pvc to abs I just didn’t use it. So I guess I’ll do that then :+1::raised_hands::v::melting_face:

1 Like

Wow… not gonna lie, I just got what you posted here. Your using the piece of wood and the screw holes for leverage when tightening or loosening the bulkheads. :laughing: genius !
Trying to rig one together and get these leaks to stop

1 Like

Aye @HappyHydroGrower ! Finally got them all apart. So your suggesting to turn the bulkheads this way and tighten, and also lather it up good with the abs pvc glue?

1 Like

I mean **

1 Like