New pot stands with drain

I purchased 6 of these 13 inch pot stands off Amazon. They seem sturdy, and the run tray is great just have to slow down on how fast you pour it on them. I also added blumat plugs to a few to see how i like using them for between feedings. Overall i like the trays, but its much easier to suck out the tray then remove and dump it without spilling.

3gallon pots fit perfect. 5 gallon is pushing it imo.

7 Likes

That’s pretty interesting!!

A stand with a drain tray? Cool!!!

I have these, too, but if your space is tight they are a bit of a pain in the ass to empty (and they can fill up quickly). I use a large syringe to empty them out now. Still my favorite stands because I can easily rotate plants, too!

2 Likes

I use my shop vac. Just be careful and dont suck up a limb. Ive done that shit.

4 Likes

I have a large baster type thingy too lol

https://www.amazon.com/Norpro-5900-Nylon-Baster/dp/B000HEIUBU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=38XO4MR9DXPM9&keywords=turkey+baster&qid=1670521955&sprefix=turkey+ba%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-3#

2 Likes

Those are handy for testing water. Ive got one of them too.

Hahaha I’m glad I’m not the only one that has stripped a limb accidentally!

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: I love the visual but also my condolences.

1 Like

I have similar stands. With coco and jacks i was getti g too much runoff and dumping the trays twice. Got an automated drip system for cheap on Amazon and run it for 15 seconds every hour. Haven’t had to dump the trays in 3 days.

4 Likes

I want to get my watering more automated.

2 Likes

Those are nice but if watering to 20% runoff, not practical for our growing needs.

Would this not raise salt levels in root zone over time? Runoff is a pain to deal with, but necessary. Interested to hear if this works for you. Definitely easier.

1 Like

I give them a heavy feed every few days to like 25-30% run off. So far, in coco and jacks, i haven’t had any issues. The run off numbers are always within .08pH and 75ppm. I don’t know if I’d go this route with soil though.

2 Likes

Going to do coco next myself. Auto watering with 25 gal res. Cant wait! But still have about 20 qt jars stuffed. Still debating the auto runoff setup tho.

1 Like

Ive definitely had to slow down the rate i pour the water on. Slowly checking and adjusting what i put into each plant. Sucking the runoff out with my shop vac between watering rounds. Ill know if i really like using them within a couple weeks.

2 Likes

Man, coco is awesome. It can be a little strenuous, but the production and growth, there’s no comparison to say, FFOF. I can sprout in coco and in 2 weeks have plants that dwarf month olds in soil.

1 Like