New organic auto grow

I feel like Gorilla Glue is notorious for being slow, like Wedding Cake.

2 Likes

I second and third this motion albeit slow motion lol. My 2 GG are killing me with my impatience lol.

3 Likes

Ima have to harvest and dry in another tent I think so the GG can finish!
I like doing everything all at once but…oh well! This is how we learn.
Next mixed run Ill start the GG 2 weeks before the others.

3 Likes

Nothing goes as planned when you near harvest. The plants don’t finish at the same time, and you wind up moving them around and wishing they were done. More than one tent is a plus. It’s better to wait until the plants are ripe for harvest, than to chop too soon. It’s definitely worth the extra effort.
Drying and curing is what you need to get down perfect now. Chasing RH and temps 24/7 is a blast.

Week 7!!

3 Likes

Noticed this today.

Nute burn?
Cal mag every water.
I haven’t fed in 4 waterings to avoid over nutes

Runoff PH at 6
Dr.Earth and I go light. It is only the White Widows showing this

Advice?

2 Likes

Nute burn. Hint of N toxicity. The thing I don’t like about Dr Earth is both the veg and bloom formulas still contain reasonably high levels of N. Perhaps start tapering off the Veg formula and see how it does you with a bit less.

Any idea what runoff PPMs are?

1 Like

I do not.

I only used the bloom when J saw pre flowering about 3 weeks ago.

I need to measure runoff at my next water. What should it be?

1 Like

Tricky question. With organics/water only, runoff can be pretty high without being problematic - 2-3k PPMs isn’t unusual but much higher than that and even in organics I start to get worried.

I’m gonna grab @MeEasy and @Storm for second opinions though, I would hate to steer you wrong this close to the finish line.

2 Likes

If hot with living soil need to ride it out. You flush it bye bye good guys.

4 Likes

I can’t find my notes on this but it pretty much says living soil is to complex for a TDS test to actually tell you anything helpful. The ppm will be super high in living soil because there’s a lot of different things that dissolve in water

I’m confused about what you are feeding every day if you are in living soil. I’m not familiar with Dr Earth but it probably has a calcium and magnesium supplement in it and adding more could be the issue :thinking:

1 Like

Dr Earth is like Miracle Grow additive fertilizer, accompanied by microbial life. I’ve done a little research on it because I’ve seen a handful of new growers start out with it lately.

It doesn’t take much, and is more of a top-dress than a regular feed. I don’t know if Id categorize it as living soil, so much as soil that happens to have living stuff in it.

4 Likes

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the help. To clarify, I am only feeding about once a month by top dressing it. I am using 1 tbsp per gallon of soil.
3 gallon Pots, 3 tbsp top dressed. I have fed once with the homegrown in veg and flower girl about 2 weeks ago.

I am only giving calmag every feeding.

I give molasses when I feed as well, so once a month roughly.

What is a good top dress for autos? I really just want the simplest organic method possible. I liked dr earth based on their descriptions and claimed simplicity…

2 Likes

The nutrients I’m using has been discontinued so I’m on a mission to find a replacement. Right now I’m leaning towards some stuff called Highway Dust if you search " Roadside Organics OK " you should find them. I’m just now trying it

2 Likes

I was planning on feeding again this weekend as this would be the 4th water without feeding.
Should I wait another water cycle or just do molasses and calmag?

Thanks!!

1 Like

I would feed, with dry amendments it takes a while to actually get to the plant 1-3 weeks. I would double check the dry stuff doesn’t have dry molasses in it to much of a good thing becomes bad. I don’t use calmag so I don’t know how much or when to feed it. Most dry nutrient blends have amendments for calcium and magnesium but again I’m not familiar with what you are using :thinking: like the molasses if there’s already enough calcium and magnesium adding more can be a problem :wink: :thinking:

3 Likes

Week 8…
I.may have let them get a little too dry. Or we are deficiencied or burned…

Help growmies!

3 Likes

Week 9 from sprout

WW Autos are looking a little yellow but are frosting nicely.

GG Auto is in full flower mode and having a little fade

Cherry Diesel Autos are just loving life!

2 Likes

Purpling of leaves on the Gorilla Glue Auto is rrally pretty but, I am not sure it is a good thing.

The WW is looking like it has begun the fade following whatever deficiency or excess it had

Cherry Diesel is living the best life!

2 Likes

Week 10 I think

3 Likes