New Nutrients? Watering? Sales! & humidity‽

Hi guys so I’m about halfway into flowering, I’ve bn running fox farms trio in soil. I’m a sucker for sales and “Grow Green Michigan” was having a great sale I got 1.Beastie Buds, 2.SLF 100, 3.&4. Roots temp tea grow and bloom, 5. Humboldt secret flower stacker a 6. small bottle of thrive and 7. green cleaner mite killer hope I never have to use. So I’ve added this stuff to my arsenal does anyone have any experience with any of these good or bad advice will be greatly appreciated. I’ve been trying to lower my humidity also I’m using 3 4 and 5 gal pots does anyone measure water per watering for each plant I’ve always done it by eye for all plants but I figure reducing over watering has gotta help my humidity issues thanks fam.

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t have any experience with those products but I wish a productive grow!

2 Likes

There is one trick that may help with ur humidity problems , i was told about this a few days ago get a bowl and put bicarbonate soda in the bowl dont put any water in the bowl just the powder the bicarbonate soda should draw moisture out of the air in ur tent ,place the bowl in the middle of the tent

5 Likes

If you want to take control of your humidity for real, get a dehumidifier and this controller:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FQKXRXA/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_571Z5PZESTG2VJ4KQWEC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It has 2 plugs, one for Humidifier and one for dehumidifier. You set the RH % you want it to hold at, and it will automatically activate the Humidifier or dehumidifier to keep the humidity at that target.
Just recently started using one myself, it’s pretty neat.

As far as watering goes, you should fully saturate the pot, and try to get 20% runoff, this ensures you don’t get a nutrient salt buildup.

As far as all those nutrients you bought, I have no idea. That’s too much stuff to keep track of. I am always recommending Jack’s Nutrients.

It has literally everything needed. Insanely cost effective too! 3.6 grams Jacks Part A, which is the primary special sauce of Jack’s and contains trace nutrients as well. 2.4 grams Jacks Part B (Calcium Nitrate), which is your main source of, you guessed it, Calcium and Nitrogen. 1.2 grams Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate), for your Magnesium and a bit of Sulfur.

Part A - 1000gram bag for $26.99 = roughly 277 gallons, $0.10 per gallon.
Part B - 1000gram bag for $23.99 = roughly 416 gallons, $0.06 per gallon.
Epsom Salt - Depends on brand. Bag I bought was 5lb (2267grams) for $13.99 = 1889 gallons, $0.0074 per gallon.

Then they have 25lb bags too! :rofl:

If you see a magnesium deficiency, just add more Magnesium Sulfate… Nitrogen deficiency? Just add more Calcium Nitrate.

Then you can add beneficial microbes. I use Real Growers Recharge, and FishHead Farms FishSh!t.

4 Likes

Nice I’m going to hop on that what kind of dehumidifier you go with do you water every 3 days I was every two I’m going to try with 3 do you take the 20% run off out or let it evaporate or

I actually don’t even have a dehumidifier lol. My houses AC takes care of lowering humidity, so I just have a humidifier hooked up to it keeping it at 55% RH.

You want to fully saturate the pot, 20ish % runoff, remove runoff, then wait till the soil is almost completely dry to water again. Most people pick up their pots to get an idea of how much water is in them. Water is heavy!

3 Likes

Yeah that’s how I’ve bn checking them picking them up at first I was sticking pencil in soil now soils pretty solid w roots lol so your lucky must be dry where you are but at least answers my next question cause I have several tents now going for whole house where I’m taking the air from cause at first I was thinking I’d need a small one for each the in line fans do help if you run them constantly filters gotta be wet tho idk I’m learning I appreciate the knowledge brother.