New nutrients to solve problems?

Exactly my thoughts as well. Switching to Jack’s is simple, there’s a lot going on in that bucket for ingredients.

2 Likes

Thank you all. So moving forward keep it simple and knock out the extras in my lineup. Now if im switching to jacks 321 whats needed? Should i go with the hydro one or the 2-3 part? I plan on use pure coco coir no additives

1 Like

That is not the sequence recommended by Jack’s

Jack’snutrients

• Mar 30, 2020
    • 1 min read

How do I mix Jack’s 321?

Our Jack’s 321 program is here to help you get your grow operation performing at optimum levels. To further dial in your hemp, cannabis, or other controlled environment crops check out our grow schedules page.
And Remember It’s:

• 3.6 grams/gallon Part A (5-12-26) and dissolve then add
  • 1.1 grams/gallon Epsom Salts and dissolve completely then add
  • 2.4 grams/gallon Part B (Calcium Nitrate)

If adding Silica it goes first then as directed by Jacks

3 Likes

I use Canna Coco 40L bricks. I add perlite to make 40% by volume.

These are some of the commonly used formulas. The one labeled Hybrid is what I came up with. My well water (180 ppm) has calcium and magnesium so I back off Part B Cal Nirate as well as Epsom Salt.

I use microbes like
FishSh-t and Tribus. Also Great White when transplanting.
I add Silica during flower (start at flip)
I add some Advanced Nutrients products.

Starting out straight Jack’s with microbes and Silica will do you well

2 Likes

What im looking at now is just the part a and b off their website. Anything else id need? I already have epsom salt and the others you mentioned above

1 Like

That’s a good base, shop around you can get it cheaper, I find both bags for $99 with free shipping occasionally.

1 Like

Also moving forward how can i lower my medium ph to make my potassium uptake increase? My ph is around 6.5-7.2 and potassium is best absorbed 5.0-6.0 so how can i lower that down safely? I was watering 5.5-5.8 instead of my typical 5.9-6.0 but i want to be sure so my ladies can make a quick recovery

1 Like

You’re on the right strategy. How much runoff? and what are readings (I’ll Read back further when I come in from watering my veggies), 20% runoff is recommended once you get it in range! To 1: maintain that Ph ppm range & 2: Rinse out and residual salts the plant is not uptaking. This is a generic but valid response, I need to read back to get a grasp on what ya go goin on.

2 Likes

@beardless ,excuse me I got the last 2 mixed up. But the part A will turn your water cloudy if not dissolved completely. I’m sure I’ve done it with the 2nd and 3rd parts switched, but always stir it up after each component. Results:

2 Likes

I have a 15 inch saucers below my plants. Each big plant (in 3 gallon containers) gets a gallon a day and then the small ones use about 2 gallons between the 5 every 2-3 days (in 1 gallon containers) and the trays are always almost overflowing when im done

2 Likes

nice looking tent full. The formula should be 312 but it doesn’t have the appeal of 321

2 Likes

Right I agree. For an old mind like mine, 321 is easier to remember.
You are correct though the Epsom goes before the Cal Nit. But I never get cloudiness even though I mix 4gal. worth in a 2gal container then add it to my 3 gal water dispenser estimating as I go. The leaf tips are showing just the slightest fade at the very tip so it looks like I’m pushing just about right. This is not easy, this estimating. I’m used to it from 40 years of guitar making and finishing. Some very intelegent people just don’t function in that gray area but have to have thing nailed down. That’s cool, sometimes I wish I was more like that, but I guess ad-lib is my middle name!

1 Like

You are right on about looking at the plant. Painted nails is what I look for. Over time things balance out. So a little up & down is good. My ppms will vary 300 points. Ph I run from 5.6 - 5.8 and 6.0+ mid to late flower.

My run off pH is running @6.9-7.1 and I’m currently getting low tds reading like @300-

So here is the results from the flush. Most of the PH is still high even after flushing 5.4-5.8 ph. So i guess resume lower ph feedings and check ppms and runoff ph until they start to come closer to regular?

1 Like

Yeah those numbers are still quite a bit high for coco, I use 5.7 and allow a swing to 6.2. The ppms are way low, was your coco buffered, I didn’t see what brand you were using? That means pre-charged with calcium\magnesium basically, helps act as a Ph buffer

Something alkaline at foot, could be an amendment are you putting anything with slow release lime in it by chance.

This character will raise your PH off the rails, big time. What product? and follow the MFR mix order, that is typically Water > Silica >pH adj. >nutes

Yes, and that is only A&B, Epsom(Mg), cal-mg if its not sufficient in A&B look at guar, analysis. And a little Recharge/tribus is always good, acutally help stabilize pH a bit. Target ranges are cool. Until you get them leveled out, then you can slowly in a controlled way tweak.

Check your Calibration, My blue labs have a Check Mark :heavy_check_mark: in the corner when calibrated for 30 days.

Im not sure what happened when my pen read 10 ph like a week or 2 ago. Can only figure it was out of calibration because when my fiance did those ppm and ph checks yesterday the 1st check from the barrel and uncalibrated pen was 8.6. After calibration is the pics i uploaded. Ppms were at a steady 0 tho even after calibration. Im starting to think a replacement ph pen wouldnt be a bad idea but my soil ph pen gets about the same readings. Just hard to figure out whats throwing the medium ph off when my intake is a constant 5.5-5.8 now and before it was 5.9-6.0. Its definitely some sort of lockout due to the ph but im just hoping this flush and some lower ph feedings will bring her back around. My mother plant is running out of room to grow

NO probs man, you got a lot of stuff goin on…one thing at a time.
I use blue labs, I love em, make sure you get their KCL storage solution and their calibration solutions. do the 4 and 7, dont worry about the 10…the range we want accuracy in is 4-7. PPMs are a different meter altogether, are you also using a BL.

I can and did give you a few things/ideas to check above.

How old is that BL pH pen, looks new. Did you soak 24hrs in KCL as required, prior to first calibration…if not it wont calibrate correctly form my experience. Then until it is dead, once a week you add 1 or 2 drops to the silicone pocket in the cap that protects the glass membrane and keeps the unit in top shape.

1 Like

My main concern is getting these ladies back in shape as im running out of room for them to grow. My mama green crack plant is 4x4ft in a 5x5 tent. Ran out of vertical growth space so started going horizontal and now im about maxed out. The idea for the big mama is to be cut down completely for clones to fill my big flower tent for a SOG but if things dont get back to normal soon ill have to start it early and modify plans as i didnt really want to train anything in the SOG and im sure in 2-3 months ill reach my height limit for all the clones before i get to even flip for flower

1 Like

Im not gona lie i havent been up to par on my maintenance on the pen. I did use the solution for the 1st calibration but definitely didnt let it sit 24hrs and i dont store anything in the cap because a majority of the time it falls in my water when doing a ph check. Ive never questioned the quality of this device until these past couple weeks and calibrate it weekly and use the paste and brush to clean the probe regularly. My ppm pen is also bluelab. Ive had them both for about 2 years

1 Like