New need suggestions

Planted 4 in a 2x4 should have only done 3 at most. In terms of harvest is it better to just leave them all or sacrifice 1 to better fit the other 3 ?

1 Like

My opinion is grow all 4 and just rearrange and lst to use the 8 sq ft as full as possible.

Good luck

4 Likes

Hard to do any more lst. Kinda maxed out on space already. Nervous about defoliating too much with autos. Definitely need to defoliate again but just did a few days ago. How often can i defoliate?

3 Likes

Thank you by the way. Much appreciated :pray:

2 Likes

It would help to see pictures so we can see what you’re up against.

I juggled 5 plants between a 2x2 and a 3x3. I was able to have 3 maturing plants in the 3x3, but couple of them got rather bulky.

2 Likes

Personally depends on the auto but I will take a few at a time everytime I feed / water. My last ones weren’t that bad but my current auto is ridiculous with fan leaves and I have to cut a ton everytime. Definitely hasn’t stunted it but don’t take my word for it, get other opinions lol

2 Likes

5 Likes

They look great! Can you get the fan higher up in the tent? Every little bit counts when it comes to floor space.

And yes, you can defoliate more - a few at a time basically. They are plenty bushy and it’s the upper fans that are catching the light, anything in deep shade is not helping much if at all.

5 Likes

I can definitely move the fan up but thought it was better to have it blowing in the middle of the plants. Also have a small dehumidifier in the middle back area. Thank you for the advice :pray:

2 Likes

You’re welcome and good luck with the grow!

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

I’m coming off the same situation. Germinated 4 seeds in case one didn’t sprout, but planned on growing three. I ended up growing all four in 3 gallon fabric pots. My tent is 2x4 also. Did a lot of lst and broke more than a couple leaves moving the plants around but they all made it just fine. If I can get over the corona I’ll be starting another grow this weekend. Going with three this time.

5 Likes

Hah that’s nothing i pack my tents far more tightly and still get huge buds ( this auto got so big it grew past the max height of light)

5 Likes

Lol i actually started with 5 :rofl:. Thank goodness one didnt make it. Do you think you would have had a better yield with three and more ability to scrog and lst? Afraid of getting lots of larfy stuff. My 1st time so just trying my best. Really appreciate all the feedback. Thanks :pray: Get better real soon :+1:

Holy s#!* balls dude. What size tent and how many you got in there? Im assuming thats SOG style no training?

It actually went pretty smooth with four. I did break a lot of leaves bumping plants into each other and space was tight when watering and shop vaccing the runoff. Nothing you can’t deal with though. The plants stayed compact and I did a ton of lst. Just clear off the bottom 1/3 and keep the canopy flat and you shouldn’t have much larf as long as you have a good light.

I’d probably go with four again, but I have plenty of smoke stashed and I’m gonna try to let the plants stretch a little more this time. When you lst you bend them how you want them to be so you can definitely grow all four no problem. Anything over four and I’d say you hit the point of diminishing returns.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the insight. Im only using 200w Hopefully that’s enough.

1 Like

4x4 , 6 plants, and i top all my autos and i ususlly put 4-6 bamboo stakes around the perimeter of my pots to tie up the branches if they get to heavy but that’s it

3 Likes

Damn like i said im new to this but i thought there was like 15 in there lol. Apparently i don’t even know what im looking at :rofl:. Hope all goes well. Thank you for responding :metal:

3 Likes

Can you remove leaves that are right next to bud sites?