New Mexico outdoor grow

Welcome!

2 Likes

I am in the south too.
Welcome

2 Likes

Hey there! Down in the south myself

2 Likes

I am growing in Cruces as well, curious about your watering schedule right now (right after Motherā€™s Day). I threw a gelato clone outside in a 20 gallon fabric pot. I left some space to top with ocean forest soil when it gets further along. Itā€™s been outside for just over a week and is flourishing so far. I was thinking about skipping a watering today and watering in the evening to let my soil dry up. Itā€™s moist but not saturated with water (after yesterdayā€™s water) itā€™s not at the crazy 100 temps yet so Iā€™m thinking it will be ok to stress it a little. Would love to hear some advice. I have an indoor grow as well and my first was pretty successful but this is my first attempt at outdoor and Cruces has a brutal summer so Iā€™m a little worried. I have a little 50% uv sun shade that should help a lot and my plant gets nice direct morning light.

1 Like

Ive been kind of watering as needed. My little girls are thriving also in the sun but I started them from seeds. I also let them dry out during the day but I water in the mornings to help (i think at least) with the coming sun. Been watering with nutes for about a month but I also do a water only flush about every week and to saturate the soil real good. Good luck and maybe some pics? Ill post some of mine in a bit

Here my outdoor girlsā€¦

Left is WWa Gold leaf photo in middle just leaned her back 45degrees, Right Gold Leaf (FIMMed just because) also bent back a little.

Mine are in living soil FFHF and Earth dust so I have to keep them wet/damp so water twice a day a leastā€¦ 5gl pots are just to danged small 4sure on outdoor grows in NM I am planning to transplant the Gold Leafs to 10gl pot. Let the auto finish as is.

3 Likes

1 Like

Sheā€™s a little droopy cuz it was the middle of the day and kinda windy. Sheā€™s a happy camper in the mornings though. The soil is about 40/60 happy frog and ocean forest. The setup is kinda ghetto and initially I was shooting for two plants but the clone I got from a buddy hermied on him when he flipped it to flower and I didnā€™t want to risk it. Gelato isnā€™t really the ideal strain to chuck outside but next year I will run an AK-47 or something more tolerant to heat. I have some liquid nutes I might feed her but I left some room to top her with ocean forest when itā€™s closer to flower. There should be enough Nutrients in the soil.

3 Likes

Is the Gelato an Auto or Photo?

Itā€™s a photo

You have enough in those soils for about 4-6 weeks ā€¦ as I understand. But with a 20gl it could be even longer.

I think Iā€™ll be good! If it looks like I need to supplement it I have all kinds of stuff (a line of roots organic) and top dressings if need be. I left a good 4 inches to top with more ocean forest. I also used a blend of mykos and azos to help with nutrient uptake. Iā€™ll keep you posted through the process, look forward to seeing your grows as well ladies and gents!

2 Likes

Ole girl decided to flip to flower, I had the plant in a tent too long and the 12ish hour light from outside hit the switch to flower. I took her back inside and Iā€™m finishing off the flower stage. Wish me luck, just going to fiddle with this one and see if I screw it all up lol. It will be a learning experience, decided to take my Pineapple Express and send her outside as a baby. Just transplanted her to a 5 gallon from a solo-ish size cup. The root system was good and I think the weather is cooperating enough to get her acclimated to the new environment. We will see how this shit show goes haha

2 Likes

update: she finished a few days ago indoors and everything went swell. I am popping a white widow and zkittlez next for my indoor aspect. Pineapple express got moved outside when I brought the gelato in, sheā€™s doing great outside in a 20 gallon fabric pot. I havenā€™t had anything challenging so far outside knock on wood, I hope all your grows are going well!

1 Like

End of April beginning of May.

Gettcha some uv resistant growhouse material. That sun directly hitting your plants will stress em quick. :heavy_plus_sign: u still get much needed sunlight in

1 Like