New member will need help

I am a new member but my header is referring to a friend of mine who just signed up here tonight. She is attempting a small closet grow with my help but I think she’ll need a whole lot more than just me.

I will be giving her clones of my fem White Widow and she will be using CFLs. Her screen name is blazedbarista44. She’s a great lady and very gracious. Hopefully she will post her first message here very soon. I know everybody will welcome her with open arms. Thanks to all.

7 Likes

Welcome @blazedbarista44 I’m sure we would all be more than happy to help :slight_smile:

Bobs been around here a little bit though :slight_smile: but welcome to you too in case I missed it.

3 Likes

I’m in! Any friend of Bob’s is well a friend of this Bob too!

4 Likes

Ill be here watching if you need help tag me ill arrive

2 Likes

@blazedbarista44 Welcome to ILGM. You got a great friend in @BobWags giving you WW clones! WW is one of the best that Robert has and will give a great high but honestly almost all are really top notch. I am not sure of your closet grow dimensions but I specialize in small grow box grows and will be glad to help however I can. My current grow is Strawberries In The Grow Box and is doing well.

There is a lot of experienced growers here and most any question can be answered quickly. Suggest that you start with Robert’s Grow Guide and bookmarking the Symptom Checker. It will really help.

Best of luck in your grow. Looking forward to seeing your Grow Journal ! Jerry

1 Like

Thanks @Matthew420! Can’t wait to get started :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s exciting and something to really take pride in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community @blazedbarista44 , I’m a new grower as well. I’m on my second grow and couldn’t be where I am without the help of everyone here. You are in good hands here
Holler if you need anythin I’ll help as much as I can
Good luck growin

1 Like

Wow thank you so much Jerry! I’m so thankful to Bob for sharing the clones and for showing me the ropes! I’m really excited to get started and I’ve almost got my setup done! Your setup looks awesome and your plants look great too! Bob and I have been talking often about how his are growing and it sounds like he’s got some good ones also! Can’t wait to get started, and thanks again for reaching out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Everyone seems awesome so far and I know I’ll definitely need some help along the way! Can’t wait to get started :slightly_smiling_face: Good luck with your plants as well

Thank you. Feel free to check out my journals. My SD is kind of like the red headed stepchild of my grow, she has been abused, to show what can happen in hydro when you don’t monitor the ph. She’s back on track now though haha

3 Likes

What @blazedbarista44 doesn’t (yet) realize is that I ask all of you questions, get great answers, then I go talk to her and spout off what you have all told me as if it’s my very own :smile: She thinks I’m a genius when in fact I’m a moron.

6 Likes

Guess she knows now ! lol

Damn it!! Told you I was a moron, I did.

3 Likes

Most of us learned what we learned right here on the forum. Spend a couple of months here and you will be talking a different game. It feels good when it all starts to really make sense!

4 Likes

I originally was going to give @blazedbarista44 a clone or two of my WW but instead have decided to pass to her my 3rd plant, from seed, which I began germination exactly 3 weeks ago, or one week younger than my 2 other plants.

I started her out under a 23 watt cfl then went to 2 CFLs for a few days before I finally put her under a 450 watt led. She’s been under the led for about 12 days now. She’s healthy and taking off.

But @blazedbarista44 will be growing her fully under CFLs. Anyone have knowledge or an opinion as to whether she will take to the new light okay or should I start alternating her betwwen the CFL and LED?

This is her baby

6 Likes

I’m betting it will be fine. Everything seems to grow great under CFL’s. Its just hard to cover a big area with them. One plant, I’m thinking no problem as long as they’re the right color, amount, distance, etc.

1 Like

I have a few 23 watt and a 32 watt for her to start, all at 65k. Later she can add a couple 55 watt, 27k, 3860 lumen bulbs. I believe she is going to purchase a 2x2x4 tent and LST the he’ll out of the lady.

3 Likes

It should be fine switching to CFL. Just remember that with a 2x2x4 tent that she is illuminating 4 square feet. If you go by the standard 45-50 watts that would be 180-200 watts required. She might need to get some of he bigger CFL (350 watt equiv) which is 76 watts I believe. CFL should do fine if she can get atleast 140 watts because she is only doing one plant. Remember that 5000 - 6500 is for veg and 2700 - 3000 is for flowering. If she is considering growing more than once, it might be more cost efficient to get an LED or a 250 watt HPS/MH bulb. Just food for thought. Jerry

1 Like

Okay. We’ll get her set up to succeed. I thought about led but if she does get a 4’ tall tent wouldn’t she run into problems with height?

She’s not on here much because she’s one of the busiest people I know. Once she gets her setup complete and the plant in there I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot of her around here.