New member, new grow, new to autoflower seeds

@VOL4LIFE The WWA seems to have a new darker shade of green today.
Guess which branches seemed to grow the most recently?
The pinched and rolled ones. Removed the splint from the 1 branch, she stands on her own now!
That P&R technique is like making small cracks in her bones.
She responds by greatly strengthening that area.
The top 2 FIMed branches look to me like in a few days they are just about to go into flower and make Huge Colas.
So, I pinched and rolled all the remaining branches.
Once she goes into flower she will likely stay in the tent because of smell.
The ventilation system I posted a deal on is working well for me so far.
Creates negative pressure in my small tent and eliminates all smell for now!

@Nicky @ADK_Guerrila @VOL4LIFE @Caligurl @Docnraq
I got some great news on my WWA! 1st watering from flush.
She took somewhere between 1.5-2 liters of plain water PH 5.8 ppm 200
Got maybe 2 ozs of runoff with PH 5.8 and ppm 1473 :+1:
My preflush numbers were way too high with ppm too high for my meter to read!
She’s now back in a much better place.
Pics for an update of my P&R supercropping technique on both my auto and photo plants.

First 2 pics are some of the results of my P&R supercropping on the Auto.
Check out that knot, that stem has doubled in size and ability to supply nutes to buds above!
All 3 stems in that area are repairing themselves to better than before!
The last 2 pics show one of Gemini’s stems with a gaping hole from the P&R.
But it is standing straight up and the leaves above show no signs of distress!
When it finishes healing itself I expect that stem will also have doubled in size.
I used to think you’d be crazy to damage your plants like that.
Now I actively look for the right time to P&R any branch I can. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Flying-High looking good!!!

1 Like

@Nicky @Caligurl Looking even better now.
Her first white hairs are just starting 33 days after the seed was dropped in water.

My flush and super-cropping seem to have occurred at just the right time.
My 2 elastic trellis nets should arrive by Friday.
Once she goes in the net there will be no more coming out of the tent for sunbathing.

4 Likes

Make sure to spray them down really well before going into the tent! Looking good! Congrats!

1 Like

She doesn’t go outside to sunbathe, just under the window to catch the morning sun.
She also got her lower area trimmed up when she came out today.
It’s much easier to trim her when she comes out, so she will probably be left alone for a while now.

2 Likes

Ahhhh ok! Coolio!

1 Like

She will stretch now for a week or so

2 Likes

With today’s new development I am going to water the WWA with Si & Cal/Mag water at PH 5.8 and ppm 800 for the next few days. I want the Si in there to help repair the stalks from their super-cropping and also for the white hairs that just started showing up. Yesterday I measured her run-off and the ppm numbers are back in the measurable range but not down below 1000 yet. I think I’ll continue with the Si & Cal/Mag water until the ppm dips below 1000, and then start back at 1/4 of my flowering nutes level. The other 2 SSH are on plain dechlorinated tap water PH 6.3 ppm 200 until further notice. I am just misting their leaves and the Coco fibers at the base of their stalks now. I want those organic compost levels below their Coco level to really dry out good before I wanter them to run-off again. I am running their main stalks around the rim of their pots, and a few of the lower branches in the middle of the pot that I super-cropped as starting to run. I topped 3 of those runners after they made 3 nodes each. I don’t want them to act like they are the main stalks now. I want them to slowly develop with the main stalk getting the majority of the growth so I can continue to LST it around the rim of the pot. @Hellraiser suggested using other lights on the lower side of the flowering plant’s tops. I’ve got 1 extra LED on the right side of the tent now, and am switching which SSH pot goes on that side of the WWA daily. I’m considering getting another small LED like the 1 I have for the left side of the tent too. Then I’d have the top powerful light covering all the tops of my WWA in the center, and a light on each side covering the SSH’s and the lower growth on the WWA. Seems like a good way to go to me. What do you think Hellraiser?

4 Likes

Just watch the plant parts right next to the light for any light or heat stress.

1 Like

@ADK_Guerrila @Caligurl
@Docnraq I think you’ll like this post. It comes from the diagram you posted before.
Plant sculpting, more of an art than a science!
I have a small tent 2’x3’x4’ and currently have 3 plants going in it.
1 WWA just entered flowering yesterday, so it likely has 6-9 more weeks to go.
2 Super Silver Haze photos, one a twin seed and one a runt from struggling at germination.
Since the Auto does not need a 12/12 lighting schedule to flower, so I can keep the photos in veg until then.

I have the time to try to sculpt my 2 photos like the diagram you posted Docnraq.
The 1st pic is the twin, pulling the main stem down to the edge makes a lower branch try to become the top. We don’t want that so I let the branches from lower grow 3-4 nodes and then top them. I also use my pinching & rolling super-cropping technique on their stems. The goal is to make as many quality budding sites as possible on the plant. There is quite a bit of trimming to do to keep the plant growing as you want it to. Keeping the light and air getting to the middle branches as you try to keep coaxing the main stem to grow around the edge of the pot. Some may wonder “what’s the point, it stunts the plant and takes too long”? Well in my case I got 6-9 weeks for the Auto to finish and keeping the photos small and sculpting them until it finishes seems to be just what the Dr. ordered. As soon as I harvest the WWA I can flip the photos into 12/12 and begin flowering them with all their extra budding sites ready to go. I’m looking for 2 small flat LEDs to install horizontally on the sides to cover the photos and boost the Auto’s flowering, a suggestion from Hellraiser! Any comments or feedback on my grow?

2 Likes

I love this guy… he makes it look so easy!

2 Likes

This guy is good too. Here’s where I picked up the pinch & roll super-cropping technique.

As he said, “Sculpting your plant is an art, not a science”.

2 Likes

Yeah I like him too!

@beachglass You tag them by starting with @ and then type their handle. LST? HST? Art?

1 Like

After watching the Chiropractor again I just went in my tent and savaged my just starting to flower White Widow Auto. All that excess leafage that isn’t going to turn into anything worthwhile, is gone. I like big buds and I cannot lie! I wonder why no rapper has done a parody song “I Like Big Buds” yet?

1 Like

@Nicky As the Chiropractor said, “Do you want the plant using its energy on things that won’t turn into buds”?
Well no, I’d prefer it to send all its energy to the buds. So each branch got all of its nodes popped and 60+% of the lower growth and excess fan leaves shading other buds all got chopped. So with 2-3 times more energy going to the budding sites from the roots, after recovering from the initial shock of Defoliation, I expect to see my budding sites take off next week!

I like big buds!

5 Likes

Well done your a pro already!!!

2 Likes

Note sure what you mean by all of its nodes popped but I like the lollipop (where you remove lower growth that wont amount to anything.

The chiropractor is a weath of knowledge

4 Likes

@Nicky In that video he talks about popping the stem at each node.

@Smalls Pro? After almost a 25+ year hiatus, I’m just getting warmed up again! :sunglasses:

So after the defoliation, what to do with about an Oz of dry leaves?
It’s smokeable and will do the job if there is absolutely nothing else to smoke.
How about I pop it in the oven at 240 F for an hour or so to decarb it?
It didn’t smell nearly as bad as I thought it would.
And then let’s say I put it in a mason jar filled 1/2 way with 90+%, about 185 proof alcohol.

How about we let that sit for a day or two and then see how it tastes?

The other side of my closet has its own deep dark secret.

So who wants some homemade wine to go with their homegrown bud?
Since the WWA can flower with 20 hours of light per day, its time to fire up a new ferment.
Its free extra CO2 which with 20 hours of light should give the flowering a real boost.
With photos at 12/12 the plant can’t use the excess CO2 in darkness, but there is no off switch on a ferment. I should get 7-14 days of free extra CO2 from this. It will start really pumping out the CO2 in about 8 hours and then gradually slow down until all the sugar in the ferment is converted to alcohol.
Let’s see how things have progressed in a few days. @ADK_Guerrila
If you guys know anyone else who might like to follow my adventure and chime in once in a while, please tag them to this thread. Thank you!

4 Likes