New member, new grow, new to autoflower seeds

i have an led grow light that i dont think is doing its job all the way, are fluorescent lights any good? what should i get? im limited on cash but have 3 autos going

No amber yet, almost all white.

3 Likes

By the time you harvest you gonna half :baseball: for nugs

2 Likes

is this too much stretch, shes a gorilla glue auto, popped its head from soil about 4 days ago, 2 1/2 inches tall

2 Likes

I grew gorilla glue autos and mine didn’t stretch that much. I had my SF-1000 lights18" from them. I would suggest that you make the stem stronger by bending it back and forth a bit and I’m sure you have air circulating around them. You are going to love the bud for sure. I hope yours get dense buds like one of mine did.

Good luck and happy growing!

yea i dont have a great setup right now at all lol but trying to make it work, i got a fairly cheap led and its at 15in…since im limited on cash should i just go get some HO fluorescents or what should i do

Probably best to ride this one out and save some $ for a decent light. Fluorescent is a waste of money IMO.

1 Like

whats a decent light gonna run me, any links on where to purchase? also i know im gonna need a tent or something, i don’t have anything right now but the smallest room in my house is maybe a 10×10 or 12×12 and not being used so its my grow space

2 Likes

Not really an authority on lights but I can call in someone who will be glad to help with that.
Here is someone from another post…

Also I believe @dbrn32 has some input about lights.
As far as a tent, not really necessary as long as the smell is not an issue for you. They are helpful to keep temps and humidity in balance but airflow is most important of all. Best indoor results may be gotten with a tent but completely doable without one.

2 Likes

HLG is gonna be your best bang for your buck with awesome customer service and fast shipping. They are stellar and have helped me more than once with technical issues.

An alternative that @Nicky turned me on to is Shenzhen KingBrite - they’re based in China and the cost of the actual light is pretty minimal. I picked up a 240w board for $170 (after shipping) and it’s been pretty fantastic. Not as good of coverage as my HLG, but that’s logical because it’s a shorter board.

As @HMGRWN said though, @dbrn32 is the local lighting authority. He will steer you in the right direction.

3 Likes

I started out with spider farmers SF-1000. They are full spectrum LEDs, uses the good samsung 301 LEDs plus a Meanwell driver. Dimmable too. It cost me 135 or so. But HLG offers one (I’m thinking the SF is a knockout of )

135W QB V2 RSPEC® LED KIT

They have a sale going on now. I know about being short on cash and making it work one way or the other. This community will help you be successful with what you have!

I love my HLG lights!

1 Like

Chopped most everything blocking light to the center plant today.
Got 100 g of wet trimmed bud in a paper bag in the tent drying.
The JHA got watered around the edge to runoff and I let it suck it back up.
The whole soil media around the pod should be moist now.
I should not have to water it for a week or more now.
It threatened rain last night so I went and harvested all my outdoor girls.
I didn’t get near as much as I was hoping for.
Amnesia from another seed dealer.
ILGM’s Super Skunk did the best and gave me the most.

5 Likes

Yeah I do stem splitting sometimes, seems to help with a little extra frostiness, I usually do it for the last week, sometimes 2 weeks before harvest. Also have combined that with ice on top of the medium for last week to few days before chop.

2 Likes

You need to figure out what size of plant canopy you’re planning on and then figure our lights from there.

1 Like

The Widow is 10 weeks in flower today.
More getting chopped each day to make room for the SSH girls
These girls are looking a whole lot more frosty than the widow!
The entering flower stretch is just starting.
These are looking real good to me! :+1: :sunglasses:
JHA seedling doing well. It’s gonna take some time to grow 5-6 nodes.

4 Likes

When @Hellraiser says its something he does, I got to give it a try.

This is not easy to do. It took a razor, a small flat tip screwdriver and a wood dowel.
There was no way I could split her any lower.
It is like a tree trunk with bark at ground level.
I’m still feeding her diluted bloom nutes, but I should ice her down too?

4 Likes

Sure, doesn’t hurt to try it.

3 Likes

OK, Gives me an excuse to ice up the beer cooler. :+1: :sunglasses:

@Hellraiser keep replenishing the ice and sopping up the overflow?
I poured the last of the water/nutes I had on her, even getting some in the split.
Then I iced her up, so shes saturated and overflowing water now.

3 Likes

how many plants did you grow under the spider farmer