New member, new grow, new to autoflower seeds

I got some White Widow Autoflower seeds here to learn what this auto stuff is all about. I started 3 seeds that sprouted 3 days ago. I got the 5 gal kit from A Pot for Pot and used the $40 off on 10+10 WWAs. Instead of using the soil mix on the one 5 gal pot, I split it up 3 ways in three 3 gal pots and already put my sprouted peat pods into the fabric pots. It seems a little low in the pots so I kind of pyramid’ed the coco soil mix and then added some more top soil mix around the edges. I’m running the LED on the 6 on 2 off schedule. Since these are supposed to flower automatically regardless of the light schedule, can I just keep them on the 6/2 schedule for their whole lifetime? I’ve used distilled water and 1/4 tsp of Epsom salts per gallon so far. I soaked the P4P soil mix with plain Distilled water. The pots were slightly over-watered and left to soak up the excess before I put the peat pods in them. I will wait about a week for my new PH + TDS meters to arrive and then water them again with properly adjusted water from my tap. For now I just spritz them with a little of the DW and Epsom salts water a couple times a day. The 3 pots fit fine in my 24"x24"x53" tent now, but will 3 WWA plants work in my small space? My tent actually is 24"x36"x53" with 2 sides and a divider for 12"x24" on the other side for new spouts/clones. I kind of want to run both sides on the 6/2 lighting schedule to be able to have some already veg’ed replacements to go immediately after harvesting the other side. It’s a small tent that fits inconspiciously in my closet. I bought Autoflowers this time to try to produce as much as possible in as little time in my small space.

10 Likes

Yes you can. 3 plants in a 2x3 could be tight in flower depending on how large they get.

5 Likes

Autos do what they want LOL… I agree, as long as they don’t get too big you should be ok. You could always train them vey early to grow say in a rectangle shape.

4 Likes

I am new to this, but I have never heard or read about the use of Epsom salts on anything but evergreens. Please give me some advice or tell me where to read about that. Thank you in advance.n Also love the forum I am learning everyday.

5 Likes

Epsom Salts = Magnesium Sulfate U.S.P. = MgSO4 + 7H2O
So it’s basically 10% Magnesium and 13% Sulfur both of which plants need trace amounts of.

My 8Lbs bag states right on the front “Plant Food” for bigger, more vigorous plants!
On the back, it says Houseplants - Mix 1 tsp per gallon and feed every 1-4 weeks.
I only use approximately 1/4 tsp in 1gal Distilled Water for the seeds and new sprouts.

I don’t know for sure if it helps, but I don’t think a little pinch of ES added to your water or nute solutions hurts.

11 Likes

The 3 white widow autos from here that I’ve grown have all been short and compact plants. I trained all 3 with LST though.

2 Likes

The best additive for starting seeds that I’ve found is H2O2. It keeps the solution sterile, adds O to the water and softens the seed husk. Never heard of using Epsom for seeds.

Epsom is a good source of sulfur late in flower to aid in terpene production.

If you use the Jack’s program you will be using Epsom as a matter of course.

4 Likes

@DaveOgren go on google and search epsom salts for cannabis plants and itll pop up. Any qs u want answered before u ask u can always ask google and get ideas. If not u need a video go on youtube and any video u wanna see will be on google or youtube :laughing: but autos i believe give off their best products so far on 18 6 schedule gives them plenty of light and plenty of rest both. Just watch feedings at forst start off low dose and move up from there til ur at peak amounts raise all u want as long as u dont see tips burn ur in the good.
Oh and side not all of my w.w. autos got to be massive big like 3 feet round or better and 4 feet tall atleast

5 Likes

Not cvs peroxide lol. For some reason it turned my seeds to mush 4 of them. Peroxide is the only thing i used diff so had to be that same amount and all as usual but 4 seeds 2 being ethos seeds potg. Kinda sux but oh well i guess

3 Likes

I kinda wonder if some who give advice here, have ever grown autos? Like really.

24/0 for 3 weeks, then 20 on and 4 off. Welcome to the forum, sit a spell.

7 Likes

So basically the 6 2 schedule is the same as the 18 6 just broken up into 3 slices, I guess. I’ve read here that the 6 2 schedule was initiated because after 5+ hours of intense light the girls get a little droopy and tired? The quick 2-hour nap perks them right back up? Thought I’d give it a try and see how it works out.

4 Likes

So you are saying 20 4 is best for autos? How about 5 on 1 off? Seems to be the same only broken up into 4 slices? They had pics of plants getting droopy after long sessions of intense light and claimed the 6 2 schedule fixed that. If so, maybe 5 1 would work just as well, but give the girls an extra 2 hours of light per day? I’ve only ever done photos with 24, 18/6, and 12/12 schedules. It would be easier for me to just find a schedule I can set my timer to and leave it alone. Less chances for me to screw something up changing things.

6 Likes

I’ve seen some growers use 6 on 2 off. Most will just run an 18/6 for autos.

7 Likes

Yes 20/4. After 3 weeks of 24 and 0. Higher yields

3 Likes

Start to finish !! 18-6!!! Everyone has their own opinion. But no matter how you do it they need SLEEP!!!

8 Likes

Good article but I have never heard of it being used on seeds wither.

2 Likes

Cal Mag is cheap, and contains other needed micronutrients. Be careful with Epsom salt, as it builds up and will require a serious flushing if overdone. Been there done that.

7 Likes

Thank you! I’m using far less than is recommended but will be on the lookout for signs of excess buildup.

3 Likes

I use like 1/4 t to about 6 gallons

1 Like

Thank you very much. This is my first time and I want to learn everything I can.

1 Like