New member here: My Northern Lights baby

Hello. Just wanted to introduce myself, and give feedback on my recent purchase.
I recently bought some of the feminized Northern Lights seeds. I must say, the delivery time exceeded my expectations, arriving about a week earlier than anticipated. They arrived in discreet packaging. 5 star service all the way.

I attempted my first grow about a year ago, with a seed I found in some weed I bought from a local shop. It did pretty good, except it ended up turning hermy. I guess that’s fairly common when you find a stray seed in your smoke. I’ve done a bit of research, so I have the basics down, but always looking for tips to increase yield or potency. I’ve been lurking around here for the last week or so, and I see there are some quite knowledgeable folks here, so I look forward to picking your brains.

Anyhow, this is a picture of my new baby at 18 days old.

She is 9 inches tall, and 14 inches wide. Very healthy looking. You can tell she’s got good genetics.:heart_eyes:
If I was a male cannabis plant, I would be wanting to pollinate that.

27 Likes

Welcome to the forum @art! Glad to have you and your plant looks really nice!

5 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

@art welcome to the forum looks great so I see soil what kind you got ? As for pot size I would recommend a minimum of 5 gallons for good Yelds Ilgm Genetics are potent so you came to the right place for that to a lot of us that are medium growers (soil) like using the fabric part they dry out faster and they allow the roots to breathe if I can be of any assistance please let me know in order to contact someone use the @ symbol in front of there name like @art @Hogmaster I will tag a few more people that are very knowledgeable as well if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask there are a lot of members on our forum that are very knowledgeable as well and great help we’re all about peace love and green thumbs @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @MattyBear

3 Likes

Well said, Hog!

1 Like

Had to get one more good thing out before I fall sleep and wake up in three hours and go to work

2 Likes

@art

Welcome to our world of growing here at ILGM " Art "

If you need any thing as @HogMaster stated just ask away and we wiil help in any way we can…

B Safe
Will

You might want to top that sweet baby when it hits 10 inches. Just the one little growth tip. You can find tutorials on topping and fimming here on this site. This will let the side branches grow out and greatly improve your yields. (I know it hurts, but you’ll get over it. :smiley:)

1 Like

It’s hard to tell from my pic, but my planter is actually bigger than 5 gallons.

1 Like

looks great @art i really like that strain! welcome!

That’s a good looking plant and welcome. :v:

Hi & welcome to forum. Got a pretty girl there.

Welcome to the forum @art. Great bunch of people here. Your girl looks great. I’m fairly new as well almost four grows completed. Wouldn’t be where I am today grow wise without these wonderful people. Happy growing!

Great start, looks pretty healthy. I might try this next grow.

Welcome to the forum. I harvested a NL from ILGM about 2 months ago and it is great smoke. Really smooth and relaxing. She looks great.

2 Likes

Looks great:grinning:

Nice lady. Welcome. We can’t wait to learn from you.

Welcome to the forum. Looks like your off to a good start. Can u give us more info about ur grow. Lights? Soil? Nutes? Containers? Temps/humidity? Exhaust/intake?

@Hogmaster,i have never grown northern lights before and I was wondering,I"m at full flowering I moved then in to my tent with only a cfl bulb buds are looking awesome until 1 morning I looked at them and the entire bud is white on both plants only the main colos,can you tell me whats going on? I keep a constant check on them always looking for tricombs ,they are mostly amber on top colos and still clear down to the middle and end of plant.Like I"ve said I have never grown N.L. before and could use your help thanks