New member, first time grower. Any advice welcome at any stages

Hi there completly new to the community, long time smoker first time grower. Im running a 2x4 tent from Spider farmer with the sf2000 led. Seedling first broke ground on the 5th of october, images are as of now. I have two strains, cherry grapefruit and Blue dream from london seed company. Cherry grapefruit was a late sprouter and also had problems with the seed casing attaching to the first leaf. Blue dream was grate from the word go, 18 hours in water staright into medium 3 days later boom. Been going strong ever since. Both plants are in Dr organics living soil. Is there anything i can do for Cherry grapefruit to help her on her way and does it look like an iron deficiency in Blue bream? Cant wait to get invloved with eveyone…

9 Likes

Too soon to be worrying about deficiencies. If the small round leaves (cotyledons) are still alive and in-tact, she’s got all the nutrients she needs in those for some time. Once they begin to shrivel and die, she’ll start eating from the soil. It’s likely just “new leaf weirdness.” All cannabis seems to emerge from the shell looking a little confused about life. They take 2-5 nodes to sort themselves out quite often.

A small clear container misted with water and then popped over her like a dome to increase the humidity for her would likely help speed her along. That said, she looks great. It’s important to know that fresh seedlings spend about 90% of their energy building up a solid root structure. Don’t be too troubled if she doesn’t show you much growth above soil, it’s all happening below the ground right now. :v:

6 Likes

Thanks for the tech term, im learning all that. And thank for the advice. Ive added some close ups of the cherry grapefruit

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @OffGrid I concur with @Graysin in the adding nutrients at this stage. I do use a product at this stage for a Rapid Start.

Additionally I use Beneficial Microbes at this point and continue up the the final week of flush.

In the meantime here’s the official form that will detail your grow to give members here to better understand your grow.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you are not sure, just bring it to our attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
  2. Otigin of seeds?
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
  13. Co2 Yes / No?
  14. How long have you been growing?
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey.

I use General Hydroponics nutrients and Hydroguard beneficial microbes to keep my water and root zone healthy.
Here’s my feed chart for Deep Water Culture

You’ll possible need some additional tools

Welcome aboard. As mentioned less is more now. Deficiencies will appear as she starts uptaking if there are any. Biggest issue now is overwater and feeding her early. Nothing really needed but a LITTLE water and good humidity/temps right now. Can dome or not. They took.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. Your babes look beautiful. I have one that was very messed up to start and now she is looking more normal. Happy Growing :blush::v:

Here is how she started.

Here is how she is today.

4 Likes

Love how you put this

8 Likes

Welcome to the community Growmie, great pointers from the other members :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Wow thanks for all the info, i will try and give all the info you have asked later when i lm not working. Glad to be a part of the community and looking forward to seeing everyones grows and possible producing something special my self.

4 Likes

Very nice welcome to the community !

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Lots of folks here with some good advice!

3 Likes

The transformation is amazing, i 100% see what you mean now.

1 Like

These are my temp and humidity charts for the last week or so, just set up my inkbird humidity controller. As you can see i have been struggling with maintaining the humidity. I have a habistat 4L humidifier, hopefully with the new controller i should be able to dial in the humidity. I have it set at 55% and expect in to flux maybe 5% each way. Is this about right and should my settings be tweaked?

1 Like

That’s dialed in Grow Bro and optimum :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Welcome to chit show! You seem to be in great hands here. Keep up the good work and let us know if you need anything.

3 Likes

Ok so some information:-
Indoor grow
602 ppm
Ec 1292
Temp day low 26.2 high 26.9
Temp night low 25.8 high 26.1
Humidity day low 56% high 52%
Humidity night low 52% high 53%
Soil is Dr Organics living soil
Ingredients are: 50% coco coir, 36% compost, 10% perlite, 5% worm castings, krill meal, fish meal, need meal, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, garden lime, bone meal, basalt, humic & fulvic acid, insect frass, mycorrhiza fungi, malted barley powder.
4 inch spider farmer fan
2x 6inch fans
4l humidifier
Heater
I’m watering every Sunday and Wednesday, give it the forth day to Sunday to really dry out. And I’m watering at a PH of 6.5-6.6
Nutes I have are Advanced Nutrients, micro, brow and bloom.
I’m running the spider farmer SF2000 on a 18h on and 6 hours off at a height of 16-18 inches at 50%.
I have two plants both seeds are from the London seed company’s, one is Cherry grapefruit and the other is Blue Dream both are feminized and auto flowers.
This is my first grow and have never done this before, so only going by what I have read in the last few months.
My blue dream is getting tall now and I have read mixed reviews around topping autos around when the 4th set of steams come through. But I have also heard you shouldn’t touch autos as it takes to much out of the plant to regenerate and you could lose on yield as they are quick flowering. What should I do?

2 Likes

Lots of mixed thoughts out there. I personally still top or FIM my autos, because my thought is they’re on an internal clock. They’re gonna flower when they want to flower, how you treat them has no impact on that as far as I can tell. If you can train them early, you’ll maximize recovery time before she decides it’s time to flower. She may still flower the day after you top her anyway, but I have little reason to believe, after growing a bunch of autos, that would trigger her flowering. She’ll just do it when she wants.

Here’s one of mine now:

Topped about 2 weeks ago, just decided to flower about 2 days ago.

2 Likes

Nice plant and when you put it like that i see your point. Any tips on topping, do i wait for the forth stems leaves to fully emerge or do i top thst firth one nice and early?

1 Like

I tend to grab the newest growth and pinch it off. So as soon as that leaf set has begun to emerge, I’ll nip it right off. No energy wasted producing them, and quicker recovery (in my unscientific opinion). I only do the traditional “top” (wait for the node to grow out fully before removing it) when I’m running photoperiods who will have an extended veg time.
This is a more traditional “top”

I apparently don’t have an articulate photo of my normal process.

1 Like

Thank for the help bro, is that just one plant in the left corner that looks like a climber lol. Impressive room.

1 Like