New Member 1st Grow!

with the scrog you can fill a 4 x 4 tent with 2-3 plants.

8 Likes

@VelcroThumb

1. it lets you control the height and make sure that your lights are hitting all parts of the plant.
  2. it creates multiple colas! If you look at my plant zoomed in youā€™ll notice all those bud sites- those are all going to be their own colas- instead of having one main fat colas, you end up with many decent sized ones.
4 Likes

welcome @VelcroThumb,looks like you have a great start there!!

@eric2 Great article! I def think is the way I want to go! @Ray4x do you ever use the tops that you have cut to make clones? What will you did with that one plant that you started a month later when the light cycle changes? I will only have the one tent to start with, but i want to do a perpetual garden, to harvest every few weeksā€¦ any advice?

Also, what is the deal with ā€œonly so many replies/postsā€ in 24 hours

1 Like

@VelcroThumb

The lack of replies is because youā€™re still a new user- you will get more soon.

As far as clones go- yes I did take one just for fun and practice. It doesnā€™t need to be a top- just a shoot. Mine took and is starting to flower lol itā€™s gonna be just one little bud (but like I said just for practice). The one that started later is in flowering already as well- didnā€™t want to Veg it longer because I would run out of room with the others. So she will just be a little smaller.

As far as a perpetual grow goes- you really canā€™t do it with one tent because the lighting will screw it up- unless youā€™re growing autos of course.

2 Likes

The restrictions on posting donā€™t take long to get past, just read and post, once youā€™ve clicked up site time proving your not a spam bot itā€™ll open up access.

Iā€™m trying to do perpetual harvest too, Iā€™ve got two tents, one medium size & the other is tiny. I shld leave the advising to the pros tho as Iā€™m a newbie

2 Likes

@Ray4x what is an autoflowering plant? I dont believe any of the ones i got are autoflowering. Btw, just got coinfirmation my setup will be here tomorrow instead of Tuesday!!! Also received confirmation that my seeds shipped, although it says 5-25 days with avg of 12 days to US. Cannot wait!!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum as you can see thereā€™s plenty of friendly people around to help!!! if you need anything just give us a heads up

2 Likes

Auto flowers grow on their own light cycle so you can have them on 24 hours a day down to 12 hours a day and they will grow and flower when theyā€™re ready light schedule doesnā€™t matter like it does on the photo

3 Likes

@VelcroThumb Iā€™ll be going home and cloning tonight. Iā€™ll
Be sure to tag you in my update to my grow journal. Tonight or tomorrow. Beginner here, so if I fail, Iā€™ll fail publicly. Haha. (Yet still anonymous, I like it!)

3 Likes

@Covertgrower

Took me 3 attempts before I got one to take.

@Ray4x @Covertgrower I read somewhere, it may even have been this site, where a guy used cloning gel AND powder and his success rate was very high! Thanks for the future tag @Covertgrower, i am going to document my entire process from tent set up to harvest and will tag all you helpful folks!!

2 Likes

@VelcroThumb

The one that actually took I soaked it in water with some Azos for a day- then rolled it in more Azos and into the starter plug it went.

@VelcroThumb @Ray4x most of my cloning process so far involves meticulously labeling. Iā€™ve graded my plants by 1-3 1 being the best representation of that strain. I hope the cloning gel, and spray you apply to the clone Iā€™ll have some success with it. Did I mention a lot of labeling? Tons of that. Took a break, and had to make dinner anyways. Iā€™ll get back at it in a few.

1 Like

@dontellanyone is right. They will get very bushy , I put 6 in a 4x4x72 and truly canā€™t utilize all the plant. If there was more room I could LAST all the limbs & probably have twice as much finished product.

1 Like

@eric2 @Ray4x do any of yall use those CO2 blocks? Do you find a difference in yield? An old friend of mine has actually run a similar setup with 4Ɨ4Ɨ6 tent with a SCROG. He runs MH and HPS lights and uses a CO2 block. Usuly does 2 plants per grow and has yields of 6-8oz per plant, dried

Welcome to the ILGM Forums. @VelcroThumb :v::grinning::+1::palm_tree:

No good input on CO2 I think that it is probably something to consider after your first grow. Usually you only need CO2 if you arenā€™t getting fresh air into your grow areas

2 Likes

I just harvested today my 3 plants in a 3 x 3 x 7 tent. this is my second grow first scrog. no CO2 no carbon filter just a cheap 6 inch exhaust fan and some small fans for circulation. 400w hps from start to finish I got at least 5 ounces per plant. @VelcroThumb

I have my third grow started in a 5 x 5 x 7 tent with 600w hps start to finish. I do have a CO2 bag in it. iā€™m sure it gave them a little boost they look healthy.
but t I donā€™t have enough experience to tell. The three plants in the middle our auto flowers. they are flowering under 18/6 light cycle. iā€™m changing the light cycle tomorrow to 12/12 so my photo plants will begin the flower in the auto flowers wonā€™t mind. they flower on a time schedule not light schedule. I will tag you in my journal update tomorrow Iā€™m too tired to update it right now. :v:

8 Likes

@VelcroThumb

It is very unlikely that in an amateur Grow that CO2 will be a limiting factor on yield. Nutrients, temperature, humidity, and lighting all have far greater effects on what you will yield.

I would focus on getting all the right first before even considering CO2.

3 Likes

@eric2 Those colas are looking really good! I am thinking of doing 3 plants myself with one of them being a Blueberry autoflower. Got excited today when my UPS tracker said my shipment came, only to find out, it was just the fabric pots!!! Looking forward to sharing my journey with everyone. Everyone has been so helpful! This group sure inspires confidence

6 Likes