New mars hydro quantum boards

today is 5 weeks. I tried some LST and the lattice…no experience

The two White Widow that I flowered under the sp 250’s gave me 107gs dry. Just about double my yield from my first outdoor grow. The two bud pics are the two main colas. I did no training with these plants.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but this par chart is a mess. Their making it sound like this light is 95% uniform par levels all the way around. In my opinion its physically impossible with the dimensions of the light. I could be wrong. Screenshot_20190925-083603_Chrome|236x500

@Myfriendis410
You mentioned HLG being superior tech. Hlg is ok. Highly overpriced for top bin diodes. Manyquantum board manufactures that use top bin diodes for 3/4 to 1/2 the price of an HLG. HLG also claims manufacture in america which is bs. They buy chinese like everyone else and manufacture in america.

For the price of ONE 480 watt hlg lm301b top bin diodes I can get TWO and a half kingbrite 480 watt boards with Samsung’s newest lm301h medium bin diodes uv and ir added.

The difference between a top bin and a medium bin diode is 10% max and top bin to low bin is 15%
And that’s taken from a LED forum where these guys manufacture their own lights using these diodes

And i politely disagree that those mars hydro quantums are the best thing to come out of china.

Kingbrite a chinese manufacturer and a seller on alibaba is the best thing to come out of china. Jerry from kingbrite has been selling cannabis growers quantum boards since HLG started. Theres multiple reviews, grow journals etc done on rollitup.org and thcfarmer of many people usin their lights with wicked results. Buddy’s got 4.9 out of 5 stars off of 300 reviews and their real reviews cuz I posted one myself.

Theres alot of HLG fanboys that want to spend your money but unless you have EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT OF YOUR GROW 100% DIALED IN, your not going to notice a 10% efficiency increase fron top bin to medium diodes.

I’m growing with cobs, cmh and a chinese quantum.
I was able to purchase 2x315 watt ceramic metal halides with bulb, a 480 watt quantum board with medium bin diodes, and 1x240 wattcitizen 1212 cree cob bars for the price of one hlg 480 watt rspec.

This is the plant current under the 480 watt chinese qb
Delivered to my door with import charges and everything it cost me 580.00 canadian (hlg 480 watt top bin looking at 1450.00 cad and arrived on my doorstep in 7 days. Packaged really well and also alibaba has trade assurance program where if your not 100% satisfied with your order you get your money back.

Oh and heres a side by side of a a par chart from 480 watt HLG top bin samsung LM301B diodes and a KINGBRITE 480 watt samsung LM301H medium bin diodes

The lighting industry is a rapidly evolving technology with new players finally coming on board. I agree with you on HLG but until last year THEY WERE THE ONLY REAL PLAYER. As I said; competition is only going to help us growers with competitive pricing.

I don’t own a QB as I built my own fixture. And I disagree that a 10% difference is not important. I am trying to save on my electrical costs and that 10% adds up.

Good info and thanks for the post!

1 Like

@Myfriendis410

Ok I’ll give you that my friend :wink: 10% can definately be more important to others more than some

1 Like

The chart you were looking at is not for the sp250 but I get what you are saying. There is a video with a guy using as PAR meter and testing the 250 and according to that test, the chart he was comparing to was pretty much right on. I am a complete novice and appreciate the response. Thanks for the info. I guess I will see in the end how well the Mars lights are working when I calculate my yield. As I said, the two I flowered under the lights were just about double in yield to my first outdoor grow. Gives me hope!!!

1 Like

Theres no wrong light if your happy dude @Budlight
Dont ever let anyone spend your money for you. Glad your getting some good grows dude💪

3 Likes

Well it’s 7 weeks and this is what i am seeing using the sp250s by Mars. Two of the seven are budding nicely and are short and fat kind of like what I saw with my first outdoor attempt.Those were White Widow, these are Girl Scout Cookies. I will try and post those two first. The other five are a different story. Much taller and leggy with small buds. They are very close to being double the height of the two short ones I have posted on other sites and have been told they are different phenotype. My first impression were that the lights are not sufficient after the comments on this site but don’t understand why two would go as expected and the rest not. I contacted ILGM to ask if the plants were in fact different phenotype and they directed to the forum. I said at the beginning I would post real world and this is it. So if eating crow is what I have to do for buying them, then so be it. I have since added two t5 red spectrum lights as some have said the sp 250 is light on red. Any helpful thoughts or opinions are welcome. Thanks.
The last two pics are the whole grow. Thought maybe overcrowded but have no baseline.

2 Likes

Yes, those are examples of different phenos. I see 2… possibly 3 diff ones. Mostly 2 tho.

One is the prototypical ‘indica’ pheno. Plants 1 and 2. Shorter, denser bud development, more ‘cola like formation’, fatter fingered leaves.
The other is the more prototypical ‘sativa’ pheno. Taller, lankier, more easily air circulating, more popcorn nuggety buds, thinner leaves. Plants 3-6
And plant number 3 looks mostly sativa with leaning indica. Her budsites are more tightly spaced.

I put indica and sativa in quotes because we are learning, thats not the end all be all seperating factor to phenos. Terpenes, vigor (growth rates and patterns), and cbds not named thc are gaining momentum scientifically.

Honestly many breeders drop handfuls of seeds to pheno hunt their favorite ‘effects and rewards’ from a strain. Then clone before flowering, and only keep their favorite clones, killing the other options. White Widow is one of the most widely produced strains available, which leads to 100s of distinct phenotypes

1 Like

These are autos from ILGM and being new to this, I had no idea I could see different “phenos”. I didn’t see any difference in my first outdoor grow with White Widow autos. Or the two plants (WW) that I started outside and finished under the sp250s. I’m learning, all good I guess. Any thoughts on progress? Opinion on the t5 supplement lights I am trying? Thanks.

1 Like

@Bogleg put up an interesting article on the lab side regarding ‘phenotype’ and ‘strain’ being used and the author basically made the argument to stop calling these ‘strains’ and instead adopt what is commonly used in plant husbandry: ‘cultivar’. Then introduce a range of physical attributes to describe that cultivar.

2 Likes

Don’t see these kingbrite online anymore…
As I have a HLG 320xl but am setting a 2x4 (2 plants) up for the wifey to grow and figured ide take a look at these.

They’re sold through alibaba.

edit; removed unauthorized link

1 Like

Just before I could click it it was removed…

I searched on Alibaba and couldn’t find it but if I search for QB boards I get stuff

I thought alibaba was an approved vendor @Myfriendis410? You can just google alibaba kingbrite @Nicky

Ah, never mind just found it’s Ali express that’s approved. Got my Ali’s mixed up. Apologies

2 Likes

Sorry; no worries. You can put a good description in your post; just don’t add the link.

1 Like

Found em

I always screenshot it and post.

Yeah, I was thinking Alibaba was an approved vendor. Turns out its Ali express.

1 Like