New light for my tent

I was wondering if anyone has used this light and how big of an area will it be good for? I plan on starting an indoor grow as soon as my seeds come in the mail from ilgm. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If I need more or a bigger system I am ok with that. I am already 1000 bucks in the hole with my tent and seeds, and I am building a grow room. My budget is starting to get used up for now. I know my tent is big at 48x96x72. I only plan on grow a couple of plants at a time indoor. The rest of the time I will use it to start my outdoor plants. Thanks again

1 Like

Don’t buy that light what ever you do lol.
How much space are you trying to use in your tent?
That is a pretty descent size tent you have .
I would start with a 3x3 space or 4x4 depending on what you have in mind.?
HLG
Spider farmer
Chill tech
Some of the few lights that are worth your bick$$

3 Likes

The one thing you can’t cheap out on is light. The best diodes are not found by anything from overseas (surprisingly). The list above covers most of the good ones and you can add California LIghtworks.

If you want to save on lighting cost you can look into less expensive tech like Metal Halide/High Pressure Sodium, Light-emitting ceramic etc but plan to have to get rid of all of that heat. LED’s are king, but the caveat is good LED’s.

If you’re handy you can build your own (I did) with help from this forum. The components are readily available and don’t require a huge amount of skill to put together. Something to think about.

3 Likes

Thank you @Myfriendis410 @Sincitytoker I had already purchased this light. My initial plans were to just use it to start my outdoor plants. I have a friend that uses this light for that reason and likes it. The reason for such a big tent was to dry my crop. So I guess I need a bigger and better light if I plan to grow indoors. My building is insulated and inside my tent will the lights keep up the temps the way I need. I am in CNY. Thanks again for your expertise.

1 Like

If you are really only wanting a light to start and veg plants you may be better served to get a light that is intended for that purpose. HLG has b spec boards and chilled tech also has veg spectrum lights. Some lights will have both with controllers or switches to change the light’s spectrum. Of course they are more $$ veg
I have a chilled X1 mini veg spec and like it. But if I get carried away and start too many or have a bunch of clones, I will add a blurple and turn on only the veg switch.

All these numbers might as well be a foreign language to me. How about this one? I plan on keeping my vivosun to have as a added light if needed. Thank