New LED and Fridge Grow

Won $900 playing poker the other day so i decided to “treat” myself to a new light. Soon my 4×4×7 tent will become too crowded with my 6 ladies. I plan on keeping 3… the Blueberry Auto and two more of similar height so i can SCROG with my homemade screen

I just got a new fridge from the grandparents and I already found a use for the old one: Grow Box!
I have already cleaned the inside and done some minor alterations: it was a freezer on top so I cut the bottom of the freezer out to make it one large box. Gonna cut a couple holes to put some small intake and exhaust fans for airflow, but i think it will work since the seals are fine and the inside is bright reflective white. Will post pic later of fridge
@Covertgrower @bob31 @Spots @Buck3 @70sChick @Countryboyjvd1971 @Screwauger @Ray4x @Blasting @Oldstoner

18 Likes

Very cool! I often thought about the fridge for a grow box. I can’t wait to learn how yours works. Nice deal on the light too.

1 Like

Ya! Post up those pics when you have time, would love to see what you’ve come up with. I feel like there’s been a few members that have asked about stealth type grows, and an old refrigerator is almost perfect.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 As long as you have the tools to cut holes and such, it seems pretty easy! And i figure the interior wont need any mylar or reflecrive material since its already white and reflective. Itll def be good to veg a few plants or flower just one! And if you take the freon out, im sure you could plug the fridge in to make the interior fan work!

2 Likes

Yea i read an article of the top 4 leds… and that one was on there. The galaxy hydros were too, but they looked cheaper to me! I did want the 600w dimmable, but i think itll be too big in the fridge

1 Like

If you think of who it is, tag em in this post

1 Like

It’s been a bit, so I’m not really sure who it was.

I’m figuring a hole saw set would come in pretty handy, but more than one way to do it. I seen a side by side unit converted to perpetual grow on another forum, it was dope. Mother plant in bottom of freezer small clone dome on top, and refrigerator side was flowering. In that particular unit the compressor was removed and that space stored exhaust fan. The ductwork from bottom of unit to top on both sides was kind of cheesy, but it was inside the refrigerator. From the outside you could walk completely around the refrigerator and not see anything that indicated it was a grow. Even the fan noise could be dismissed as typical compressor running.

2 Likes

@VelcroThumb just a heads up those things get very hot so make sure you keep fans going exhaust anD I suggest a intake fan as well
Like the idea tho
Some one here did something similar a while back

2 Likes

I wish mine was a side by side! That setup sounds awesome! Im not really concerned about stealth as much since i bought a shed… but i didnt want to spend more on a tent and figured this is a great free substitute!

4 Likes

For sure! Im hoping the heat can be offset some by the dropping temps here for winter in NC

2 Likes

I’m sure it will you’ll be outside as well in shed right so :+1:
Just saying with light on and no fans I will get over 100 in box but you’ll be fine with fans Running

1 Like

I hope so! Im debating on another exhaust setup for a grow tent or just a window unit for $50 with sep intake and exhaust. Then have two small desk fans in there as well

1 Like

I personally would go with window ac if it was me
@VelcroThumb but I don’t know your set up

1 Like

Well i have an actual grow tent eith all the correct stuff. I just had this fridge sitting here and i knew my 6 ladies wouldnt bloom in the tent. Basically im just gonna cut a rectangle out of the top of the fridge to fit the window unit in there. I could do the same if i got actual 6in exhaust and intake fans like most of us have for our indoor grows, but that is a little more expensive than just the window unit

Oh shoot bro I didn’t want honk you mentioned thayou go with a exhaust fan set up
Ac for just the box will be over kill I think sorry bro miss understood what you where saying I hear you about having it and resourcing it lol

2 Likes

Work in progress… should be good for 1 auto

6 Likes

You can do just about anything you’d like in there. The default is to auto, because they typically don’t get that large. But stepping outside of the norm, a photo may be better due to being able to control the veg period. A small scrog would work, or growing 4 single cola plants. You could even use it as a seed starting/veg area and then just toss them into your other tent when you feel they’re ready. Just because it’s small doesn’t really limit what you can do. Sometimes just takes being a little more creative.

3 Likes

Thats thinkin outside the bun! I was thinking a small SCROG at least. I do have 6 ladies in a 4x4x7 tent. Ive been convinced to SCROG 2 in there and possibly have the Blueberry auto to the side, then putting another lady in the fridge box. That way i only have to give 2 away!

1 Like

Yep, just kind of make it your own. Most people with multiple grow spaces treat them as separate veg and flower areas. It makes sense, but you don’t necessarily have to do it that way. You can use it to try different strains, different growing methods, or whatever all without any risk to your established grow. Sky is pretty much the limit, make it suitable for you.

2 Likes

Awesome sauce!

2 Likes