New leaves turning yellow and brown

Issue: I noticed over the last day or two that some new leaves are yellow/brown in the middle. The older leaves all seem healthy and fine.

Some context:

• I’m growing a few autoflower plants in an indoor tent.
  • Over the weekend I had a power outage, so they were in the dark with no ventilation for 24-36 hours.
  • I’ve also begun adding a little fox farm grow big nutrients to their water every couple days.
  • I just raised the light to ~24" above the highest one, but it was perhaps too close before

Any thoughts on a diagnosis here? Ways to fix? Thanks!

1 Like

How close is the top to the lights?

i hadn’t adjusted the light recently, so it had been as little as 15 inches for the tallest plant. i’ve since raised it

though there’s a significant difference in height among the plants, and the last pic shows a much lower plant also exhibiting the same symptoms. this leads me to believe it’s not about the light

Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in on this but they looking a bit crispy. If you raised the light after this started, let it go a few days and see how they look.

2 Likes

Kinda also looks like maybe nitrogen overdose but strange only.on the tops. Let’s see what @Hellraiser @dbrn32 @Covertgrower thinks.

My first thoughts looking at the picture you are wetting the plant and putting it under the light the water acting as a magnifier you’re burning the top of the plants . Let’s see what other community members think.

1 Like

oh interesting! i do indeed use a spray bottle on the plants

1 Like

Yeah, stop spraying your plants. Raising the light helped too. But stop spraying them. Spraying should only be done if they don’t have roots. Clones and seedlings. There’s not reason to spray them otherwise.

4 Likes

Side note, if you do have to spray them for pesticide treatment, or any other form of treatment, spray at LIGHTS OUT.

2 Likes

ok, good to know! i also have a humidifier in there spraying mist. any issues with that?

Good call, my eyes are getting old couldn’t tell if they were wet or waxy looking.

2 Likes

I recommend humidifying the room it’s in. The hard minerals will clog a carbon filter.

2 Likes

I would say leaves burned up from being wet with light too close as well.

2 Likes

maybe that’s it! i’ll see if raising the light helps.

i just wanted to provide a couple more pics that possibly provide more context:

that last one looks like nute burn to me…i think

1 Like

The single leaf at the bottom normally dies and falls off don’t worry about it. Over all your plants look good. Also see powdery look on the leafs at the bottom I’m assuming that’s what you been spraying it with.

2 Likes

yeah the powder is diatomaceous earth

1 Like

Keep up the good work ! Keep us posted.

1 Like