Yeah man, I agree with you.
It would be nice to get proper biology & chemistry knowledge apart from one given at school long time ago to understand these plant secrets.
Today I picked new supplement of Advanced Nutrients:
- Bud Candy (different sugars, fulvic acid & “proprietary fractionated resin and essential oil enhansing plant extract”)
Also will get their Flawless finish product for final flush.
The last thing to understand:
- a) how to stress the plant inna most productive way prior to the cut (flush / low temps / lower humidity / longer night period / 48 hours total darkness with further cut still in darkness / stem split etc.)
- b) what way of drying to choose from a number of variants (maybe I shall choose to try low temps drying putting ice in tent to save terphenes better / for shure it will be whole plant drying with no wet trimming to make it as slow as possible)
- c) curing tips to decide on (seems like obvious after reading a number of guides and asking people’s ways, but still a point to be well prepared for / should use boveda packs for glass jars / almost ready to make it within freezer partly or somehow but involved in this process for shure.
There is a number of questions in this regard and as I got only 1 Girl there, I’m responsible to make it as good as possible
Your thoughts or real experience would be very helpful
For now I got several gaps thinking about:
- 1.Can I flush with special agent (AN flawless finish) just prior to the cut, lets say 8 days before only, not more? Watering 1/4 days I will manage to make it like 2 times (1x pot size maximum I suppose, as the pot is 18L so it would be not easy in soil). I want to make my flush period as short as I can to proceed with feeding as long as possible - for the plant not to be hungry these last phase of life (some people say it’s not a good thing to stress it with long flushing periods and seems like it sounds logic for me). Maybe even one proper flush would be enough?
- 2.Should the plant be watered last time before going 48(72) hours of total darkness? As I understand - “No”. After the flush we give her last light period and when it’s time to water next time - we don’t / we do stress her: dark room, low humidity, low temperature, stem split (?).
- 3.What temperature and RH respectively to dry at? Should ice bottles be used inside the room to make the tent temp lower (think it’s “yes” for me)? Should the exhaust fan work 24/7 (seems “no” for me, just from time to time like burping in curing)?
- 4.Should buds be cured untrimmed (i would pick “yes” even it’s rather dangerous and should be checked more often)?
There are even more things I didn’t remember right now to mention I’m confused about
But to make a short conclusion all these points are about feeding and flushing at last stage, proper stress to boost buds quality and proper plant treatment during drying & curing.
You Farmers said I have my two weeks there at least, hope you all can stand for it a little more
If someone got lots of time - it would be nice to chat on these points