New indoor set up info needed

New small indoor set up. Two 5 gallon buckets with lots of holes drilled on sides and bottom. Soil is Happy Frog. Putting 1 seedling in each 5 gallon bucket. 186 actual watts on LED fixture with both veg and flowering switches. No grow tent. Room is constant 68-70 degrees with 48-52% relative humidity. Fan for air circulation. Seeds are feminized Bubble Gum which is a smaller plant. Can I get a decent bud production from this set up? Also, watering with distilled water. Bought my notes from ILGM. please let me know your thoughts.

2 Likes

Welcome back.

The only issue I see is lighting, which is absolutely critical for a good yield. The light you have should be able to flower 1 plant.

It would be better to use fabric pots rather than hard sided buckets.

2 Likes

Good info to know. I’ll add another lighting fixture as well. Are you referring to pot in a pot type thing? I’m assuming so. Thanks for your quick response. Seeds are germinating right now.

@MidwestGuy is correct. If you up you lighting I recommend HLG 350R
Fabric 3 gal pots great for solo cup germinated seedlings (first transplant).
Successful candidates can get bigger homes.

2 Likes

Fabric bags are inexpensive and are available on Amazon or in hydro shops. P4P and fabric bags are not the same.

I would suggest finding a light built with Samsung LM301 LEDs. Any light with veg and bloom switches are very old technology. I run a minimum of 200 watts of high quality lighting for each plant I grow. The problem with the light you have is the LEDs are very inefficient and a good portion of the wattage goes toward generating heat rather than light. Avoid any light that puts out purple colored light.

@DEEPDIVERDAVE just made a great recommendation for a good light for 2 plants. HLG’s products are the best in the business.

2 Likes

I am also new to growing not too sure how to create my own post but just wondering i got a 48x24x60 tent and im unsure of how many seedlings it could house? i dont want my girls croweded, ill be starting with super skunk and sour diesel, and also is it ok to go two different strains, in the same tent?

2 Likes

Two plants max in a 48x24 tent.

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Definitely ok for 2 strains. What other equipment do you have?

To start new post. On top of home pg click on New topic and go from there.

20221107_085412

1 Like

I second the hlg 350r. Easily do two plants. It’s what I use. Fabric pots work great, but this grow I’m trying a Rain Science pot (look them up). I have a buddy that uses them with outstanding results. They’re very durable, and clean easily for multiple reuses. I’m just doing one plant, but trying for a monster yield. The 350r is a beast for one or two plants. This one is day 36, in the rain science pot. You can see the breath ability of them.

1 Like

My HLG350R operates at less than 50% output (175watts), very cool operating temp.
LUX 50,000

1 Like

Feminized Bubble gum - can refer to either photoperiod or auoflowering. If photoperiod and not using a tent you will need to be certain you can provide enough dark hours for it to flower. If an auto - not an issue.

2 Likes

If money is an issue for lighting an excellent budget light for a 2x4 is the Spider Farmer sf2000.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input.