New indoor grower...I injured my seedling

This morning I went to water my seedling. After watering, there was a little runoff and I went to pour it off and I hit my seedling on the grow light. The stem isn’t broken but it does lean now. Is there anything I need to do? I have included pics. The second is what the seedling look like after I hit is on the grow light. The first is what it looked like before I hit itimage image

2 Likes

She’ll probably straighten back out before the day is done

2 Likes

First off welcome!!! As long as there’s no breaks I don’t personally see a problem. She should recover just fine. These plants are resilient for sure. They’re are a lot of more experienced growers that will be along to help out as well. Hope this helps :sunglasses::seedling::wink:

1 Like

Thank you! That is good to hear. I was close to tears because I thought I killed it

1 Like

If you have a shop vac or wet vac you can vacuum the runoff and not have to worry about that again. :v::call_me_hand:
Also welcome to the best place you can be. Happy growing!!

2 Likes

What I do is pack a little extra dirt around the base and straighten her up the best way I can. I hate transplanting and I don’t rotate my buckets no more due to actually damaging the seedling where the stem was crushed in.

2 Likes

That’ll buff out no worries…she’ll be just fine from the pic… you can shoot a close up in natural light if your still close to tears and want 100% reassurance but especially if she didn’t tear or snap. Anywho welcome to the forum keeo it Green and don’t forget to wear your :mask:… Stay healthy mi amigo!!!

2 Likes

All seems well. And it did straighten with a slight curve but not bent. Thanks again for the reassurance :blush:.

Then you should be fine. If the stalk had to much damage, you would know by now. Going off of what has happened to me a couple of times. Like my glasses falling off and crush the stem. No glasses in the tent no more. The plant wilted pretty fast and died.

1 Like