New I‘m on my first grow!

That blue dream is a beast (love that strain) , I have similar size tent . I seem to have the grow down for first indoor tent . Just need to grow em bigger :+1::+1:

Why would you want 4 mats running ? One tray is large enough to start seeds in a humididome.

1 Like

I have the same tent and did not install the extension. This tent is taller than my last and I’ve not run into height issues…yet. I usually top or FIM to help with plant height. I looked for Electric City lights and could only find Electric Sky. Are they Electric sky v2? If they are two would be awesome in that tent.

Thanks Betrayed Soul. This (obviously) even if unnecessary. It gives me options for rearranging growing plants and the ability to create an isolation zone if needed.

Bubblehead - thanks for the correction. My lights will indeed be Electric Sky ES300 v.2.

I’m also trying to decide about irrigation options that allow me to be able to leave for a few days would be ideal and I’ll have a HD camera recording continuously to be able to take a peek whenever I need a smile. I’ve waited a long time to have this opportunity. I didn’t necessarily consider any law enforcement issues however I had a high level clearance and was subject to random drug tests as well as polygraphs which would have made unemployed instantly. Thankfully things are different now.
Dave

3 Likes

Thanks abetted Soul. I was thinking long term in terms of options. Sometimes common sense is not so common. You are perfectly correct. I can add as I need to as things start happening. Thank you! Less complicated is always better.
Dave

1 Like

I have a really simple irrigation system. I use the autopot valve and cover. I also have two 4 foot greenhouse trays that take 3 pots each. I use a water butt that holds 20 gal. I plumbed it all together, the autopot valves hold the water at a nice level in the trays, just need a small weight to hold the autopot valve and cover down or they float. I can leave that for 3-4 days

2 Likes

Lights should be perfect for that tent, @dbrn32 would know best, but that should be enough to get some great plants off

Did you already buy these? There are better lights for less money.

No. I figured I’d leave the lights as the last item I procured. So no investment as yet. I would love to hear your input. Thanks very much!
Dave

Mine will grow way too big to flower in my growroom lol! Ill be hacking them continuously until I can place them in the greenhouse! There they will go from 4 foot bushes to hopefully 12 foot. Started in January and should be harvested by mid to late November?

The Electric Sky 300 v2 is like $700 each and you are thinking of 2 of them? That’s a whole lot of unnecessary cash spending. I would just go with a 600 watt HPS with air cooled hood for less than $300, more than enough for the 4x4 tent. I know everyone is pushing LEDs these days but many of us do just fine (or even better) with a good HPS system, and can swap in a metal halide bulb for great vegging.

1 Like

Thanks Hellraiser, that’s extremely interesting especially if i can get the results. The cost part is a no brainer! More research in store for me. Thanks
Dave

You can do two qb 260 xl kits for almost same price as one of those fixtures. More than 10% increase in efficacy and half the price.

@dbrn32 where do they get this efficacy number ?
Is it just data from the data sheet of the lm301 ?

My lights r 2.4 is that good ?
I tried to look up hlg stuff and cant find it

My first grow as well

Should I trim any of the smaller or dying leaves or is it too early ?

1 Like

1 Like

No, hlg sends their products to third party light lab to have them tested in integrated sphere.

1 Like

@dbrn32 thanks for the answer. Good to know they do it the correct way.

1 Like

@Tayler52 congrats on your first grow :sunglasses:. You would be better starting a new post and asking your questions there. You could go to the grow journal section and start a grow journal, that will give you a record of what you did and when. It will let others follow on as well and hopefully generate the answers you’re looking for. As for your leaves, I wouldn’t trim anything yet. Good luck on your post

1 Like