New I‘m on my first grow!

No. I figured I’d leave the lights as the last item I procured. So no investment as yet. I would love to hear your input. Thanks very much!
Dave

Mine will grow way too big to flower in my growroom lol! Ill be hacking them continuously until I can place them in the greenhouse! There they will go from 4 foot bushes to hopefully 12 foot. Started in January and should be harvested by mid to late November?

The Electric Sky 300 v2 is like $700 each and you are thinking of 2 of them? That’s a whole lot of unnecessary cash spending. I would just go with a 600 watt HPS with air cooled hood for less than $300, more than enough for the 4x4 tent. I know everyone is pushing LEDs these days but many of us do just fine (or even better) with a good HPS system, and can swap in a metal halide bulb for great vegging.

2 Likes

Thanks Hellraiser, that’s extremely interesting especially if i can get the results. The cost part is a no brainer! More research in store for me. Thanks
Dave

You can do two qb 260 xl kits for almost same price as one of those fixtures. More than 10% increase in efficacy and half the price.

@dbrn32 where do they get this efficacy number ?
Is it just data from the data sheet of the lm301 ?

My lights r 2.4 is that good ?
I tried to look up hlg stuff and cant find it

My first grow as well

1 Like

Should I trim any of the smaller or dying leaves or is it too early ?

1 Like

1 Like

No, hlg sends their products to third party light lab to have them tested in integrated sphere.

1 Like

@dbrn32 thanks for the answer. Good to know they do it the correct way.

1 Like

@Tayler52 congrats on your first grow :sunglasses:. You would be better starting a new post and asking your questions there. You could go to the grow journal section and start a grow journal, that will give you a record of what you did and when. It will let others follow on as well and hopefully generate the answers you’re looking for. As for your leaves, I wouldn’t trim anything yet. Good luck on your post

1 Like

The plant in my first pictures turned out to be a male so I cut it but heres an update on one of the others.

1 Like

1 Like

Look nice and healthy

Here is another update, and i topped it yesterday hopefully correctly.

5 Likes

perfect buddy, what ever your doing keep doing it… :ok_hand: :grinning:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Another update, she is doing wonderful

1 Like

Pic update.

1 Like