New high CBD strain

I have used CBD isolate, and it does work. However I would like to point out that CBD, while beneficial does not have any psychoactive effects. So when you feel “high” it’s not from the CBD when consuming a strain that has a high CBD. CBD actually counteracts the psychoactive feeling to some amount.

@MrPeat @AAA
@FlxerPower
I used to get migraines really bad, and still get them on occasion, but have diminished significantly after discovering I was allergic to gluten.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower I know all to well. When Tora Bora was cancelled I actually wrote the company and told them there is an actually demand for high CBD strains. But we are not as common as the ones that want a head high.

In Texas, we have 2 million suffering in one form or pain or another. My PC Doctor told me to either grow my own or move to a State with a MMC. I also forgot to mention I already had a golf ball turn or removed off my skull and has Esophageal Cancer.

Long as you know what you need help with managing, you can find strains to help.

2 Likes

Didn’t realize you had a longer first post. @MrPeat I’ve read both now I see where you are at. I’m glad cannabis has helped you. It’s really a very helpful plant, and unfortunately there is quite the stigma still attached to it. Not many people know I grow except a few of my close friends. (Hence the screen name was born)
I hope you do find relief through cannabis, and continue to educate others that are at least open to the idea of the medical aspect.

1 Like

@Covertgrower Yeah I caught your name. And yes, it has made life tolerable. But I prefer to only smoke when I want to head to bed. I don’t have any CBD strains right now. I don’t have any CBD Bud atm.

I’m thinking of bumping Blueberry Cookies to the GoG Super Critical Bud CBD. It’s a pretty fast grow compared to many strains. I just get a kick out all the strains used to create it.

Have you heard of Charlotte’s Web? I don’t k ow it was the first CBD strain it I recommend reading and watching the video about it on YouTube.

These 5 or 6 brothers bredding and since there wasn’t a market for it, they was going to toss it. Lucky the parents of Charlotte has over 300 seizures a day. Somehow they managed to find about it and went to Colorado if I remember correctly. It helped her big time and so they named it after the poor little girl.

I do hope my Peach Puree CBD makes it worth trying that one first. I think it’s 16% CBD.

2 Likes

Sorry I was trying to make my point and there was no way to really punch my point home without going into detail. All my friends and family know. I can talk about it now but it took over a decade to even open up.

2 Likes

[CBD strains others have found helpful]

This why I started this thread sometime back. I was hoping others had tried different different strains of CBD. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

I get isolate from Lazarus Naturals. It’s a top company like Charlotte’s Web, and Lazarus gives vets 40% off. I buy isolate from them for $18 a gram.

3 Likes

Lucky you…Texas considers any form of Marijuana as a nasty felony.

2 Likes

I see ILGM doesn’t have Tora Bora seeds. I looked around and found them other places though.

3 Likes

Not good.

2 Likes

The actual Tora Bora is LA Confidential crossed with X18 Pakistani if I remember correctly. I do have 17 Tora Bora seeds I got from TheRealSeedCompany. I’m sure it won’t be the same but I have to try. I’d kick myself in the arse if I didn’t give that strain a try. Not ouch much if it isn’t.

3 Likes

Charlottes web is pretty popular, and I’ve heard of it. There a lot of CBD strains available now, and it’s all about finding the right one that works best. @MrPeat

2 Likes

@Covertgrower I’m glad others have at least heard of Charlotte’s Web. Kudos…and yeah, I have enough THC strains to last me 100 lifetimes. I will be switching gears and only going to target CBD strains. I only have a handful of them.

And my previous post about Tora Bora. @AAA is the one that found the Tora Bora Seeds. I found a couple but none would even ship to the USA period. Now RSC does. I have no illusions it will be what I’ve had but hey, gotta try.

2 Likes

Look up Solomatic by Royal Queen Seeds ratio is 21:1 CBD to THC. I just got some and look forward to giving them a go.

1 Like

@MrPeat, wow man! That’s is rough and a lot of itis’s ! I know your are not looking for sympathy, thank you for sharing.

How do you and your mom use the high CBD strains? Vape, smoke, edibles? Curious as to what works best.

I’ve got Avidekel, an Israeli strain that’s almost all CBD. I’ve yet to grow it though.

I guess I’ll need to grow it and see what it’s all about.

2 Likes

@MrPeat was the Tora Bora that you had lab tested? I’m interested as Tora Bora is a landrace “drug” strain so I’m curious as to the actual ratios.

2 Likes

@AAA So to answer one question. Mom passed away last year. She loved the Tora Bora. I picked it up in Denver. I did my research and Tora Bora came up for treating pain. It was tested in a lab and cost me almost $450 for 1 oz. it was worth it to me.

I smoked it out of a pipe. I bought her this small glass pipe I called Bumble Bee. Beautiful little pipe. My big one I dropped and it shattered. Luckily I already had the bong since mom is no longer with us. I let my dad try it and he liked it. We had to pull the plug on him after I got back from South Africa. He was pretty brain dead when I got to see him. Still tugs at my heart that I didn’t get to see him speak one more time.

Sure I saw him before I left. He was diagnosed with late Stages of Alzheimer’s and. It even a week later they diagnosed him in late stages of Dementia. Not a easy thing to do even after seeing over 400 people die.

These Tora Bora seeds are Regular Landrace so I’m not prepared for doing it just yet.

How I smoke CBD strains is simple. If I am hurting, I may do what is called a Salad Bowl. This means a minimum of 2 different strains and I’ve had up-to 15 strains in one bowl. I find strains for my medical conditions and will take a little bit and add a couple others. So the CBD strain if it’s less than say 1%, you won’t get much of a head high. Certain strains I have to use THC side due to so much that has gone wrong.

As I said before…if you have this one that is 23% CBD, there pretty much isn’t any THC whatsoever. Now say it’s a 1:1 ratio you will get the best of both worlds. For me the CBD strain is for pain management. Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind a head high here and there. But how much I smoke it usually doesn’t last more than 45 minutes and where I’ve had CBD that has lasted up to 6 hours.

Why? Because it helps you manage how much you have and it last longer that way

1 Like

I have decided for 100% certainty on the Dinafem Super Critical Bud CBD. I like those high numbers of 23%. It’s a game changer for sure. I haven’t found one higher than that just yet but it’s hard to search due to a piss poor cell phone service.

I honestly think these Tora Bora Strains will need to be crossed to something that will work. The RSC still hasn’t updated their profile of these seeds other than when they was collected.

@AAA Here ya go. This is the strain version I had from Colorado. So I’m going to post the actual info about them.

The seeds from that source you sited and I’m glad you did post it. It’s probably not the same, at least I will be able to cross breed and get the desired result.

You can purchase the LA Confidential but not the X18 Pure Pakistani strain.

1 Like

Do you remember the CBD/THC ratio?

And sorry to hear about your parents.

1 Like