New happy farm Soil

I’ve tried blending and using happy frog and ocean forest.

I did find that happy frog gets very compacted if used for the whole grow, so I’d recommend adding perlite/vermiculite/pumice

I find ocean forest works very well on its own for established plants.

I now use happy frog only in my intermediate containers; Seedling into solo cup with seedling soil, then into 1 gal container with happy frog, then into final container with ocean forest.

1 Like

Yea, lots of people do it that way. I think thats FF intent actually. I havent tried it but i should.

1 Like

No im afraid not. Im gonna start one on next grow i think.

2 Likes

I’ve found ocean forest to have enough nutes built in to keep my plants happy for 4-5 weeks. Happy frog runs out a little earlier, at about 2-4 weeks.
After many many grows I’ve come to find it fairly predictable.

It’s the drop off (which is fairly fast) that gets most new cultivators. Unfortunately with ocean forest it’s frequently right about the time most people put their plants in flower.

2 Likes

I used FFOF and FFHF in the past, and I liked them both. One day my local grow store was out of them, so I tried a few bags of Mother Earth Coco Peat. I’ll never go back. Not because I had any problem with FF, but because the mix in the Coco Peat worked out perfectly for me. It’s a mix of a pretty hot soil, with coco, and perlite already mixed in. And it has beautiful art on the bags, lol.

2 Likes

Bruh, im in 5 gal and happy. Im considering 10s next go rou d tho

1 Like

Cant go wrong with Happy Frog. I’ve also used Bushmaster Coco Loco and layered HF and OF.
Coco Loco is just like regular but they add coco to it. Treat it just like regular soil as far as PH and water. Can’t really tell if one is better than the rest. I do know OF is hot and you can use HF or CL for seedlings. I dont know for sure how long the nutes in the soil will last but when you start using nutes start with about 1/4 dosage and gradually work your way up.

1 Like

ThX every

What’s a good pot size for autoflower

5 gallon fabric pot.

this is my Amnesia Haze auto in a 5 gallon fabric pot

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply

Looking good
Is that the only Supplement you use. Or do you also use micro and grow?

I use all 3

1 Like

Thank you. I am finding out this is a learning process. Lol
I made up my own soil
Lobster compost perlite and worm castings. And Coco core. Added some rose and flower mix as directions on bow and some bumber crop organic fertilizer to the mix. Haven’t tried it out yet on my seeds. I hope it’s not to hot. I plane in Germinating them on my birthday next week.
First grow.

Nice how tall did that plant get?

I think she was 32"-36"

1 Like

When using the Fox Farm soils nutes aren’t even necessary until Flower. Makes it a lot easier.

1 Like

Thank you
Did you do low stress training? And did you add a bottom layer to your grow bag And what’s your oppion on adding that bumper crop Fertilizer to my mix. I added it since it seemed to have all the same ingredients as fox farm ocean.
I worried About the nitrogen Just read you don’t want that during flower ? I did not plant yet but that be a lot of soil and work growing into back yard soil lol.

This is basically my mix. But added that darn number crop ??

This is the mix I used in this video

I’m not a soil guy, I’ve only used pre-mixed soils from FF. Yes i did lst mine @Drinkslinger @dbrn32 @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 cxn you answer his soil questions. Thanks all

1 Like