New growth turning black

New growth tips turning black,lower leaves turning yellow and dropping.ph looks good,maybe nutes too low.i used a tester and it seemed really low.im using soiless potting mix and nature care organic.

Never seen this. I’m set to watch just to get an idea. First it looked like coco coir and then I zoom in and eww.

Also don’t know but watching to find out and learn

Fill this out post a picture of the complete plant could just be geneticsCOPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I had some of that last year. Few weird looking leaves but it eventually grew out of it. Was never able to get it figured out. I am definitely not an expert so if someone knows what this is, I would love to know also.

1 Like

I have the same thing. Wondering what it is. Outdoor grow. Auto flower strains (all of them showing same on select new growth). Processing: 5D78EFEB-9EA4-4F29-8B98-2F664AFEDAA5.jpeg…

I think its either rootrot,overwatering,overeating, fungus gnats.been raining alot in northeast.they in 100 gallon fabric pots.

1 Like

Yes, there has been lots of rain. Do think it’s related to that? Wondering how to treat it. Do you know of any solutions? Will this effect the buds once they start flowering?

Does it rub off? I see similar on some tops. Does not rub off figured it was genetics

Does not rub off

Posted this in another thread with the same issue: I think it’s overwatering. Could have led to root rot.

Is there anything that can be done to remedy this? They are outside in the ground, so I guess much is up to Mother Nature. But maybe there is a treatment?

Will this impact buds once they start flowering?

Thanks!

I wonder if you could just top it to get that whatever it is off?

1 Like

I had the same thing a few weeks ago on new growth leaves on my blue dream autos. I kept a close eye on it and while I don’t know what caused it, I don’t think it was over-watering. It eventually faded away and I can’t find the affected leaves anymore. No lasting impact on my plants.

1 Like

That’s awesome @Mikeb

1 Like