The last several sets of leafs are staying closed, kind of tangled. I thought it looked like what I have seen spiders do on other plants, so I pulled the leafs apart, but no bugs found. Now the next set is doing the same thing. Any ideas on how to correct it and or why it is having this issue all of a sudden?
Banana Kush about 6 weeks old, been outside for the last 4 weeks. None of my other plants are doing this.
Temps have been 105 w 70-80% humidity. Today the humidity is down some, but temps are going up to around 110 for a while. None of my other plants are doing this. This is my first grow. Thank you all for for the great tips and info so far!
When i zoom in on the pix im pretty certain i see bug damage. Looks like more than one imo.
Agree with @Highgrow those look eaten from a zoom in
They do. Capt Jacks Deadbug is your friend here.
Pest control as mentioned. Some plants take the heat better than others as well, which could explain the slightly twisted growth. Then again, pests could munch the brand new growth and cause it to grow funky.
I have been using Captain Jack’s dead bug, it works great for sure. I think the damage you see is from me pulling the leaves apart previously. They were completely wadded/tangled up. They just seem ingrown. This is the second set of leaves that just shot up, but never spread apart and opened. Then another set shoots up almost in the middle of them, leaving a knot. I know it is weird.
I’m going to head out early this morning for another treatment of Captain Jack’s, and try to stay ahead of letting them grow into a tangled mess.
I really try to let them do their own thing, this was something I just couldn’t seem to leave alone. Hopefully I’m not causing more damage by opening them up.
Bugs and the good ole outdoors. Its a battle. I broke down n bought cap jacks dead bug first time 2 days ago because some critter wants to eat my beautiful baby seems 2 be doing good so far.
Y’all were right, I found the same thing on a Sour D plant this morning. I pulled the leaves apart, there was some kind of very small webbing/nest, but no sign of what did it. I cleaned it off and sprayed all the plants with Captain Jacks dead bug, a lot. Damage was nothing like the other plant at least.