New Grower - worried about first grow progress

As @OooWee1184 said, did the manual give a range for the various stages. Mine recommended 24" for seedlings; 18-24 for veg; 12-18 for flowering. I have two at about 200w. They top buds are currently just a little under 17" from the lights and they seem to be getting a little light burn. The numbers are guides, always read the plants and adjust accordingly.

Grow these and learn. Keep a detailed journal/notes. I am always going back to mine and wish I had written more info than I did.

At that size, the roots are still growing and expanding. When you water, water in a circle as wide as the widest leaves and not directly on the main stem or at the edge.

Keep going!

2 Likes

They’re still alive! Watered today, here are pics…

2 Likes

What’s the drainage like on those plastic pots? Remember to water away from the main stem to encourage roots to grow outwards for stronger and healthier system.

I removed the bottoms of the pots before planting, to expose the drain holes at the bottom of the pots. I placed buckets on a shelf below them to catch runoff. I water as you suggest, edges inward and no water next to stem.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L353RXL?tag=ilovegrowingm-20

I used this for my past grow and I liked it a good bit, no crazy heat obvs cause it’s a LED, I had the bloom and veg running in flower and just veg in flower with a spectrum light in the background too.
Cost effective and it did well at least for me. Especially to get you going, it pulls about 400 to be exact hears what it says:

LED QTY:120Pcs - 15W Triple chips LEDs
-Nominal Power: 397W
-Input Voltage: AC100-240V/50-60HZ
-working environment : -20~40℃,relative humidity:45%~95%RH

Thank you MrTiger for the light info! I’m going to go with a complete tent set up for my next grow, which will be my second attempt. Plants seem to be doing ok, here are today’s pictures.

2 Likes

UPDATE pictures of the 2 plants today

3 Likes

These plants have suffered through my ignorance, but thanks to this forum, they are doing well. They have been in a 4’ x 2’ Spider Farmer tent (complete kit came with SP2000 light, fan, etc) for 2 weeks now. So happy they lived thru the light shenanigans I caused.

2 Likes

I’d say you managed very well. They look to really like the light!

Continued success.

1 Like

4 more weeks almost there

Would you kindly take a look at trichomes please? I have RP and Glaucoma and can’t tell if they are cloudy or clear. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

First try with USB microscope, I’ll figure out a method for better shots. Looks like I have some time to go. I’m looking for cloudy with a bit of amber for this grow.

1 Like

You still have tons of white pistils. Way too early to be watching trichs.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: I figured it is too early based on a post above. I also read many forum posts about white pistils and how they will recede and get brownish as the buds get ready. So much practical information and people here keeps me reading for hours. Just trying to get a good handle on using the USB microscope. Thanks again!

Top two are pretty good pics especially the middle one. That is about as good as I can see using a hand held loupe so kudos on first time with usb one.

1 Like

I think this is week 11…here are pictures of 2 very forgiving ladies

3 Likes

Today I noticed that some fan leaves are losing color and some are yellowing. My vision isn’t as sharp due to glaucoma and retinitis pigmentosa, so I don’t really trust my trichome views, but seems there are getting cloudy. Is this normal? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

The yellowing is perfectly normal. The plant is entering its final stage. Simply using up those nutrients in the leaves. Looking real good overall but still have a ton of white pistils growing. The plant is concentrating on bulking up your buds still. No more leaf production, all energy on the buds.

1 Like

Thanks for calming my nerves. At this point, should feeding continue with every other watering or stop and just water? Also, should the yellowing leaves be removed?

1 Like

I would say keep doing whatever you are doing until your girl says different. That plant is picture perfect and healthy. I am sooo jealous.
Seriously, I could see that pic on a pack of seeds.

Not necessary but if you want the plant to look “prettier” you can.

1 Like