New Grower Wonders

Happy 4/20 :wind_face::leaves::fire::dash: Now that life has settled into the new normal… it’s finally time to grow. And it’s 4/20 so hopefully some good luck from the weed fairies​:man_fairy: . Below is my lineup w/ some tweaks from the original.

1 - Bubblecious
2 - Gorilla Glue

I attached a pic of how I germinated them. I soaked them in water for 20 hours and they all sunk. Then sandwiched them between moist napkins laid on saucers. I put both saucers in a large plastic bag and kept them warm on top of a heating pad on the lowest setting. 24 hours later and so far we have first shows of taproots on 2 and the last one looks like it’s peeking through the crack in the seed. I’m so excited! :laughing:

4 Likes

Happy 420, like bankrupt as usual,
have a splendiferous day.
Good vibes and good luck :v:

2 Likes

Happy 421…lol. Good luck bro!

2 Likes

We have a sprout!!! Bubblicous (BB) poked her little head through this morning. Its been 4 days since planting seed. At first i thought she lost a starter “leaf” but after closer inspection they’re both there just still closed together like praying hands. Domes off now that we see green.

No news on the Gorilla Glues so we’ll see how things look next week :grimacing:

Thankfully getting the swing of controlling the environment. A few more tweaks that I want to make to the tent and I’ll be satisfied. Well for now…

1 Like

So its been a painful two weeks to grow through. Soo my little sprout up there Yea she died. Poor thing was a trooper tho. Despites her lacking any stem whatsoever, she tried to open and grow, and upon autopsy had grown no real root system so she was super stunted and only a string of a root keeping her going.
The two gorilla glues never sprouted… I’ve discovered that the soak/towel/heating pad method is just not for me. Im too touchy feely and I am pretty damn sure that I cooked the seeds. Steamed them to death. Dug them up and they were rotting.

Thankfully I had a little hunch that I done effed up. So i popped new seeds. Yay! A Super Skunk, a another Bubblelicious, and a Girl Scout Cookie. All autoflowers. All put directly in the dirt. All sprouted in 3-4 days. Im a believer. Set and forget it is my kind of germination.

I’m really liking my new hobby and am so proud of my first seedlings. Here are my girls.

NEO (super skunk) 8 days from seed

BB (bubblelicious) 4 days from seed

GSC aka Jeezy (Girl Scout cookie)

2 Likes

Update on the girls. Made a couple changes but still no nutrients given. Watered at a ph 6.3 with no run off. Just basing it on size of plant how quickly they dry.

Neo is getting some lower branches and good overall growth. She has 5 finger leaves now and is working on a 3rd node.

14 days from seed

BB was transplanted into her forever home yesterday. I was shocked to see the roots hitting the bottom of the solo cup already and I actually broke like 2 of them off :grimacing: She looks to be recovering good though.

9 days from seed

GSC had to get a kickstand because i forgot to turn her and she began to lean. Part of me suspected she was ducking away from the fan so I moved that up a bit too. She’s coming along nicely otherwise.

7 days from seed

They’re in a perfect phase of week 1-2. Can’t wait to see how much they continue to grow and change.

1 Like

Well it’s been a week. But on a positive note lots of new things in my garden. Giving the girls more water but still no run off. Tent is running optimal. All seems happy. Check out my ladies…

Neo my leading girl: Started LST and broke off a fan leaf, cursed LST and ran away, found she recovered next day, came back to LST her again, now feeling super accomplished . :laughing:
Here she is compared to last week

20 days from seed

My BB short and stout: I feel like she may be bushy. She didn’t gain height as quickly as Neo or GSC. But I also had some light intensity/ light burn issues (more on that later) made a change and she looked to gain an inch overnight. Here she is compared to last week.

15 days from seed

The baby GSC: Grew a lot this week. Structure similar to Neo and just about as tall as BB who’s 2 days older. No more spray bottle and she’s responding good to the bit of extra water. I shoot to water the girls every 1-2 days based on how dry their soil gets. Here she is compared to last week.

13 days from seed

And their group shot

2 Likes

:partying_face: I have officially been growing a month!!! It was a tough start, but I’ve learned so much. Feels like I’m getting the hang of it now. We are in week 4/5 now and the girls are looking pretty strong to me. All the girls have been LST’d this week and are showing great growth on the lower branches.

Neo my oldest, is still blazing the way. She got her first taste of nutes and responded well. She drank up most of that 2L in a day and a half. No burnt tips but a few minor cuts from being moved all around and rubbing other leaves I think. She’s starting to smell too. She’s popping pistils all over and looks to be heading into preflower. My baby is becoming a big lady now.

28 days from seed

BB is still little but bushy. Opening her up has been a little difficult but she’s growing wider thanks to LST. She’s supposed to finish before her sisters and might be an overall smaller phenotype. We shall see.

23 days from seed

Last and definitely not least, we have my big’n GSC. Broad and strong. Main stem almost as thick as Neo’s since we started training. She’s more thirsty now and I think has officially passed her big sister BB in size.

21 days from seed

2 Likes

That’s some mighty fine looking girls, super green, sweet training :+1:
Hope all is well in your
world my friend, take care.

Good vibes, keep it green :v:

1 Like

How can I split tthese 3 up.and when so they don’t get shocked and die. They were started 5 days Gao

2 Likes

Thanks for the vibes. Hoping the same in yours. Loving this grow life. This here is like therapy lol

1 Like

@naeomii, firstly welcome,
I trust you have been enjoying your time in Weedville?
My humble opinion?
Transplant asap to avoid the roots getting entangled, it will be rough on them, but better to be done now, before it’s too late… split the pot into thirds, visually, then go wide around the stems.
They also look a little leggy, what height, power percentage is your light on?

1 Like

Hi @naeomii ! Welcome fellow new grower! I’d try using a spoon and carefully scooping them out 1 by 1 and transplant the little babies into bigger pots.

2 Likes

Tie-back Thursday…(well yesterday) lol All my ladies have made it to preflower :cherry_blossom:

(From left to right: Neo-Super skunk, GSC, BB-Bubblelicious)

1 Like

And a week later… :star_struck: Now I’m tucking and stuffing leaves, considering a little leaf strip defoliation. :thinking: We’ll see. At least I learned LST works!

1 Like

All is well in the garden. I watered the girls to runoff for the first time last week and freaked out. Ppms and ph was off. I worried that they had a deficiency. Even made a post about it :laughing:

But Im glad I decided to not feed again and just adjust the ph by watering in at 7 to bring things back in balance. Ph is the foundation so I figure fix that before you go “fixing” everything else with nutes. They look better to me now and pots are drying out again after 2 days so I’ll be feeding them tonight at lights on. They’re getting their beauty rest, so detailed updates and pics to come. :camera_flash:

Damn I really told that lie. It’s been a long 6 weeks. My ladies have changed and grown so much. But it was NOT all unicorns and skittles. I nute burnt the shit out of my girls. The ph dropped way too low after that feeding (5.4-5.8) and 2 of the girls on the lower end locked out and their leafs curled and turned metallic and rusty colors overnight. I was shook. But thankfully I did immediately flush them with plain dechlorinated tap water (mine is ph 7.8) on back to back days. Within 5 days or so I had them in a good ph range (6.3-6.7) and saw new green growth. It was so bad I don’t have pics but you can still see the scars. But since we’ve been great. They were able to get a couple feedings before the regular end of flower flushing started 2 weeks ago. I’m seeing the fade and got that fall color leaves dropping Autumn feel in the tent now. Check em out!

Here’s Neo at 87 days from seed

Here’s BB at 82 days from seed

And here’s GSC at 80 days from seed.

They’re a few days older now and next post will be some up close shots.

1 Like

Close ups!!!

Neo

BB

GSC

2 Likes

I am not sure this is my first time growing indoors and been 20 years since I last grew. The light timer got messed up for a day I think . I am growing “Big Bud “strain or trying to !did some of these start to flower .they are also staying ridiculously compact for a month or so of growing -started from seed and in rock wool then put into cups . I may have started topping a little ear

ly also any insight would be great still using .5 of each basic nutrient mix from gen hydro 2 -3 days whenever dry any directions I plan to grow these indoors for a while then transplant outdoors when weather breakers here in Massachusetts.

This was my plan. I’m a first time grower, but I’ve read to put autoflower plants in their “forever pot” without transplanting. I’m growing in a 2x4 Spider Farmer grow tent with 5 gallon cloth pots. Just started germinating today, so I’m sure I’ll be back here with lots of newbie questions. Just trying to learn the ropes! Thanks to all of you here for sharing great information!