Hello All! Long time lurker, first time poster. Lol
I’m a newbie grower getting my environment all set up and have some general procedural questions as I plan out my first run. Experience is the best teacher, but any help, tips, answers given are most appreciated. I’ve already learned so much from reading other’s grow journals and you have my thanks in advance!
My initial set up will be:
- 4ft x 2ft x 5ft vivosun tent (in a bedroom closet)
- 1000w led lamp (true wattage 187)
- 4" inline fan with filter and ducting
- FFHF w/ 30% perlite (layered w/ FFOF into final pots)
- Fox Farm Nutrient Trio
- Cal/mag (Not sure if i need this, but have read about it fixing deficiency)
- Ph gauge and UP/DOWN
- Ph’d tap water
- TDS/PPM Meter
- 3gal or 5gal smart pots
I will be growing 2-3 autoflower fem seeds: Gorilla Glue + Girl Scout Cookies (dependent upon space and light needed)
- Should I start autos in a solo cup? Or is the final pot the way to go so to avoid transplant stress?
- How old or what size should my plants be before watering to run off?
- Should I be concerned over 187 true watts hurting the seedlings? Or on the other hand worry about it being too weak as the plants grow?