New Grower – Witness Unintentional Plant Abuse

I’m new and wanted to document my first grow somewhere.

I just placed two Strawberry Cough, and one Zkittlez seeds in cups filled with distilled water yesterday. I already made a huge mistake and stuck all three of them in the same cup. Luckily the Zkittlez seed was larger than the two Strawberry Cough beans.

I’m going to stick them in Rapid Rooter cubes in my germination station in a couple hours.

4 Likes

@Crumb93 Be careful of the rapid rooter. I’ve seen a post that they had problems aka seeds not germinating.

1 Like

Just be sure to squeeze out excess water, you’ll be good.

5 Likes

I use rapid rooters, agree they are pretty easy if you don’t leave them water logged. I also germ the seeds first using paper towel method.

8 Likes

Great title! :joy: I’ll be watching :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

I’ve got my seeds in a dark room in the basement. Well I wasn’t aware of this but apparently, you’re supposed to put water in the bottom of the Germination Station… The Rapid Rooters felt dry. Hopefully I didn’t already kill my seeds off :man_facepalming:

If they haven’t sprouted yet, they’ll be okay. I’ve forgotten to add water after it ran out before. lol. I have a seedling heater mat that evaporates the water out.

3 Likes

:poop: occurs.

2 Likes

I thought these were growing upside down at first, but according to people more knowledgeable than myself they’re actually just sprouting :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Give those hulls a spritz of water every couple hours or so, make sure they stay moist and come off. Congratulations on the babies! :+1:

1 Like

Will do. I’ve actually got a dome resting above them so it’s pretty humid in there.

1 Like

That’s probably enough then, just the dome. The main thing is that they don’t dry up.

2 Likes

Well I don’t think I’ve managed to kill them yet! I realized that they probably needed light since they were popping out of their Rapid Rooters. Hopefully this won’t be more than they can handle at this point.

1 Like

That looks just about perfect. They’ll let you know if they want more or less, by either stretching for it, or shying away from it. They look happy to me. :+1:

1 Like