New grower with soil

Hi , I’m a new grower nd I just germinate my seeds and they popped out of the soil yesterday - strawberry kush , indica -
My question is , although spring is here on the eastern coast , it’s still chilly in the morning, I’m worried about my seedlings. I’m intended on planting outside in containers but I’m concerned about the light and the temperature. If i put my new babies in the window, will it be to cold ? I don’t have a grow light so I was thinking of putting a heating pad under them, on low of coarse , to keep them warm ?

1 Like

You can put them in the window but they probably will stretch. Whats the temps in the morning? If it isnt 50 or below they should be ok. Since you don’t have a light you should probably introduce the sun to them slowly by putting them in the shade and then work your way up to putting them in full sun. A good schedule would be for them to get the sun as soon as it comes up all the way until about 11-12 in the afternoon, then they can go into the shade for remainder of day, and If your worried about night temps, you can bring them in and set them out next morning. Make sure to water with spray bottle so you don’t over water and dont let them get too dry either. Just my 2¢ , goodluck

2 Likes

From what I’ve read about putting seedlings by a window is that it won’t be a sufficient light source. I like @Dr.DankThumb420 suggestion of puting them out in the morning and taking them inside at night(if the temperature outside allows you to do so) if it were me I would go to Home Depot or lowes (maybe even Walmart) and purchase a 36" t5 fixture or some CFLs so that you have an ample light source indoors in case the temperature outside is to cool.

1 Like

Thank you bvery much gor your teoly , sorry i took a few days to reply back. But my little ladies had a great weekend , the temp here is about 50-60 but afyter tomorrow the weather is going to greatly improve , high 60-7aHappyy Growing

1 Like

As long as they don’t go under or over water they should be fine. Make sure to give them 6.5 ph water and it wouldn’t hurt to get some food grade diatomaceous earth for a lil bug preventive. Good luck with your grow keep me updated just type my name with @ in front.

1 Like

Thank You very much for your reply. I feel much better knowing there are great people out there with awesome support

Thank you again;
Melissa Bedard

1 Like

I live outside of Philadelphia and I’ll be planting some into the ground this week, we should be good out here on the mid east coast. Anything north of NY I would probably wait.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

_emphas

• List item

ized text_

I live in Massachusetts, about parrel to N.Y. this week the weather has changed a lot, it’s starting to actually feel like spring. But I think I’m going to give my girls a few more weeks before I plant them outside but for now I’m putting them outside in the morning and then taking them in at night, thank you for your advice, I’m just starting to grow and I appreciate all the support and advice I’m getting from this site , THANK YOU again !!!

2 Likes

hi I am also in mass older than you ;-). Did you put you girls out? How are they doing?

Nice to meet you @AMUSED2DEATH , I haven’t put them outside yet , the weather here is very up and down . It’s suppose to rain for seven days and yesterday morning we had a frost warning. NO NO my girls are still infants so I’m putting them in and out . Also do you have any in site on those growing bags, I’ve heard a lot of good about them on this Forum, was wondering what your thoughts are about them

Very Happy for all the support !!!
MB

I already owned some large planting pots, so I didn’t consider them. Many people have spoken highly of them, Apparently they help minimize root bind because they shave the roots as they get to the side.

1 Like

My father in law has about 40 of fabric pots , he’s had them for awhile, he does his little gardening in his add on greenhouse and he loves them but he’s not growing MARIJUANA, LOL

MB