New Grower with limited resources need a lot of HELP

Heyy guys

Im growing for the very first time and have started with autos
I’m a complete noob and have only researched for a month or so and i badly need help
So i will start with my setup and will ask related questions in posts
So i have put 5 seeds to germination
Jack herrer
2 sour diesel
White widow
Critical kush

My setup is a 5.5x5.5 custom grow tent built with cardboard amd covered with foil
Have fabric pots and have a led grow lights 850 watts with IR UV
Humidifier
Exhaust fan
Floor fan
Temperature gadgets
Soil meter
Tds meter
Ph meter
And for nutrients i have flora series trio with cal mag plus
But I don’t know what do and how to do
So please help me guys in getting a good grow
Will share all setup pictures daily
Thanks all
And please answer my querries

7 Likes

So i have put 5 seed for germination glass of water method
Its going to be 72 hours almost but they haven’t sprouted yet
Temp is 23 25 in a dark place
What should i do next?

1 Like

How long have they been in water? What I usually do after 24 hrs. I put them in a damp paper towel in a zip lock bag (leave open) in between 2 paper plates in a warm dark place until they sprout a tail. With autos put then into there for ever home. When they sprout put a dome over them ( a clear liter bottle cut down) mist the inside of the dome 2 times daily for about ten days.

6 Likes

You have taken on quite a challenge doing 5 at once. Good luck and we will all try to help.
As @Deepsix has suggested, the water soak is just a preliminary step. Once the seed sinks to the bottom, it needs to be placed in very moist paper towel and placed in a ziplok bag.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply buddy
They have been sitting in water for approx 60 hours till now
So what do u suggest should i follow your method and place them in a paper towel?

Yes bro i have taken the challenge
Im using 5 gallon pots
So i will put them in a zip lock bag wrapped in moist paper towels?
Should i add hydrogen peroxide and leave them for a day still in the glass if needed?
As these are old seeds i guess got them from a friend
So not sure about them
Still have 5 in spare

Yes I would. Did you put them in different glass of water? Only reason I ask is cause if not you won’t know which one is which

2 Likes

Yes i have them in different glassed labeled with their names

4 Likes

So far this is my setup
Still have to add one fan for intake

8 Likes

Ok good. When they sprout in the soil we can go from there if you need any help put a @sign in front of my name ok like @Ussi

1 Like

They might be ready to go straight into the pots. 60hours is a pretty long soak. I soak them for 18ish hours, then tail or no tail, to a wet paper towel for 12 or so hours. I try to make sure they are in their medium within 36 hours.

4 Likes

BTW you homemade set up looks better than my purchased setup. Lots of great help here. Good luck and happy growing!!!

7 Likes

IKR I Could have spent that $400.00 on just lights instead of tent kit. :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Like this

This one has been out from under a dome for about a week or so.

4 Likes

Yup all good answers there… I’ve had my share of trying out different germination methods and honestly I’ve had 100% germ rate using the wet paper towel method. It’s my go to. Lol don’t worry every one in this forum will help you. I’m new too but once you get the feedback from here , it’s calming. Lol.

4 Likes

Ok theres one problem i can see at the moment you said ur room is cardboard covered in foil right im guessing thats foil used normally for cooking yah if this is the case there is a really good chance u will get hot spots all over the place which may cause ur plants to burn i seen something on YouTube about this and they done test on what products can u use for a self made grow room and the foil was a bust .but however they did say if you paint the boards or whatever ur using with a white paint this would give you no hot spots and better coverage of light . But again its up to you and what you have at the time i hope this is some sort of help for you ,but i do suggest to look on YouTube at using foil for grow room

4 Likes

This is the biggest red flag for me. Can you elaborate on the light? Brand, model, etc? I’m concerned that “850 watts” is actually “850 watt equivalent” which I think translates into somewhere between 85-135 actual watts. That’s ultimately going to translate into not enough power to flower out 5 plants. Maybe one.

I second Tezza’s concern about the aluminum foil, understanding of course that it may be the best you can do and will be better than nothing at all. I’d sooner remove the cardboard and use exposed white walls (but I suspect the cardboard is what is creating the room division?).

Otherwise I think you’re off to a good start. Once the seeds sprout (honestly since they’ve been soaking so long, I’d just put them 1/4” deep in my soil in the forever pot), then you’ll be off to the races for sure.

6 Likes

Lookin good! One thing that sticks out is the green soil meter. Those are notoriously inaccurate. You’ll need a separate ph pen. I got by for a year with a cheapo Amazon one but switched to an apera ph20 and it’s way better

5 Likes

I was looking at the same as @Graysin . So things I see I might change. Move the light from the center of the tent to over the group of pots if it is not all ready. What light you have will determine where the grow goes. I didn’t see if you were actually in soil. All the perlite makes it seem like you may be in coco.
Starting off in a final pot is a lot more difficult than in solo cups too. You have some good people in here helping you :grin:

2 Likes

@Deepsix
Bro should i turn the light on after placing the seed in the pot?
And what is should be the room temperature?
Im growing in custom mix soil with 3 parts peat moss 3 parts compost
2 parts perlite
1 part vermiculite
Is this soil ok?

@Graysin bro you are right but this was the only light that fell in my budget
Its max lux i 50000 when kept the phone very close to it
I hope it at least does 3 plants
I have to order one more light
Can you suggest me some light from aliexpress which falls under 100 dollars
Thanks😀