New grower with a question about planting

I placed 2 seeds I order in tap water for 3 days as instructed granddaddy purple tap showed after about 3/4 inch but my pure indica seed only had about a 1/8 inch tap root. I went ahead and planted both. Is there anything to worry about with the pure indica not sprouting was I to soon to plant but I didn’t want to drown her?

2 Likes

Welcome!!! I’m growing a GDP as well, and it has some super fat leaves at only 25 days. You should be fine. Some go straight to soil. Some go to other steps before soil. If your seeds had tails like little tadpoles, then they can go in to your medium. It may take a little while longer for the one with the shorter tail. What did you plant them in if you don’t mind?

3 Likes

I planted in fox farm happy frog soil since I don’t know to build my own soil yet)': but everybody says it’s good to start in that first. And thank you for replying I want both to just break soil I’m be happy

3 Likes

They will both come up just as long as u havent planted th to deep in the soil it may take a little bit longer

4 Likes

Welcome to the community!! They should be fine. Just don’t over water. Happy Growing :blush::v:

3 Likes

:point_up_2: +1 right there

4 Likes

You build a good soil easily all u need is worm castings bat guano or sea bird guano is fine and fish bone meal thats all u need to make a good soil mix say if u are usin a five gallon pot u use ur happ frog soil and u add three cups of worm castings three tablespoons of bat guano and half cup sea bird guano and two and half scoops of fish bone meal and u want some great White mycorrhizal and mix it up and its done it ahould provide the plant with at least one to two months worth of food now all u do is water for the time been at the two months you will top dress with that again but at a lower dose

2 Likes

Ya, you’re good. Get a clear plastic cup, spritz once with distilled water and place it on top of where you planted, upside down. A humidity dome. If your soil is nice and moist, then you don’t need to water for a few days, and the cup will provide all the moisture needed. As soon as they break soil.

Also, what nutrients do you intend to use? FF also?

1 Like

Are any of yall growing those two strains and if so can yalk drop some pics on what a healthy one is to look for?

I also forgot to mention these are autoflowers.

1 Like

And yes fox farm trip pack.

1 Like

I’m only a few weeks in doing photos. 3 diff strains, and 1 auto of a diff strain. Autos are a different ballgame.

With the FF nutes, start at ½ strength at week 5. Also, if you don’t already have it, it won’t hurt to get the BushDoctor Sledgehammer and follow the flush schedule. FF is notorious for salt buildup which can potentially cause lockout.

Calmag as well. Add it to your normal watering between feedings. FF nutes are lower in nitrogen when it comes flower time. Keep your water pH’ed between 6.2-.8, and do this after mixing.

Good luck and happy growing!!!

So don’t add any nutes until week 5 and sledge hammer and bush doctor at flush and add cal mag to nutes at week 5 as well correct?

BushDoctor is sledgehammer. FF soils come with anywhere from 4-6 weeks of nutrients in the soil. You’ll kind of notice when the soil is depleting and they are getting hungry.

1 Like

You can really start the calmag any time. If they start getting dark green and sort of waxy, back off a little. If yellowing starts from the outer part of the leaves, usually need a little more. Calmag has nitrogen and it carries other nutes to their places.

1 Like

Update the GDP broke the surface this morning! But still no life on the pure indica how long should I wait before i think the tap root has died?

1 Like

In all reality, you could wait up to a week, but if they both had tails, and one is sprouted, the other is surely right behind. Just leave that dome on, maybe shake off really excessive water as it builds up. You’re on track!

1 Like

And when that one is ready to come outta the dome, the perimeter of that bowl is almost exactly where you want to water when she’s ready.

1 Like

Okay thank you so much I’m just really worried about the other one because of how little the tap root was and when is it ready to remove the dome?

When it’s close to touching the top. Few days to a week. I plant them within 36 hours, tail or not. They have usually at least cracked open. I do 18hr (max) soak in a medicine cup, distilled water with a few drops of peroxide. Then, open or 18 hours, whichever comes first, I move to a paper towel on a plate, then fold paper towel and dump water it was soaking in. Keep it moist and dark the whole time.

I’ve dropped 10 seeds since I started, 2 didn’t sprout. They were no good and rotted.

These are 26 days from sprout…

1 Like