So this is my first grow using seeds from a seed bank. (ilgm white widow) A few years ago I decided to give it a try. I had been doing a whole lot of research and had been saving random seeds from my smoke and after a billion Youtube videos I finally pulled the trigger. I went gongho and planted 3 seeds. I used the paper towel method. It was in an open closet with cfl light bulbs, using FoxFarm soil and general hydroponics nutrients. Long story short 2 smoked(less than 3ozs between them both) and the 3rd was a male.
That brings me to 2020. This time I wanted to do it right(within my budget). I ordered 20 seeds from ILGM, white widow autoflower. Man I could not wait for those seeds to come and on April 1, them bad babies showed up in a little bubbly padded brown envelope. I could not wait to tear into it and get those seeds in some dirt.
In the meantime, I didn’t have anywhere for my girls to go. I ordered my tent but it was still a week out from being delivered. So I thought hey we got plenty of space in this garage and I have these pallets, how about a make something. So I did make a make shift grow tent that I thought looked pretty good but the next day the temp outside dropped (from being in the midwest) and I decided to bring my grow indoors to a closet.
So the first seed I dropped didn’t do anything. After 24 hours it didn’t sink so I pushed it down to see if it would stay down and it did. I got a paper towel and put the seed in there but after several days nothing happened. I probably should have just put it in some dirt anyway but I didn’t and I let it dry out. So now seed number two and that one popped using the same method. I am using Foxfarm soil with foxfarm nutes. I had already put soil in a 5 gallon pot and pre watered it so the soil was still a little damp.On April 12th I put the seed right into the 5 gallon pot, under a Recordcent dual-600 LED Full Spectrum Indoor Grow Light 24/24. I also put a plastic shower cap over the top to keep the humidity in.
2 days later I had a little baby poking her head out. I mist her and kept her on a 24 hour schedule
On April 19, she was stretching out. I put A little stick next to her because she was leaning a little but she grew past that stick quickly. I still didnt water her yet I just kept the top of the soil moist around her roots and sprayed her.
On April 22 she is getting taller and more leaves. This is my first auto grow so I have not seen for myself what they can do. So super excited. Still just misting and keeping her roots moist.
Here we are on the 28th and I gave her her first feeding and some sunlight… 5tbls of Bloom and 30ml of Grow in a gallon of water. I may have over fed or over watered but she seems to be doing fine.