New grower using hlg 288 v1 boards

Should I water to runoff at this stage?
Or wait til the roots fill the pot more…?
I’ve had other autos in these 10gal pots with ffof.
And they really did fill the whole things with a dense root ball. But that’s probably why they seemed stunted at this stage also. Trying to fill the container with roots before the plant grows more.

I would water until it looks thoroughly watered, but not to run off.

2 Likes

What HE said haha! :point_up:

2 Likes

Curious as to what the significance is between thoroughly watered and watering to runoff? Pot is soaked either way. And there isn’t any concern for rinsing away nutrients right?

2 Likes

I was just scared to water too much.
Guess I need to give them more than a quart, from what I’m hearing.

One doesn’t have run off. Lol.

1 Like

You’re quick today huh? I was trying to make sense of what you posted, that didn’t help.

3 Likes

Idk, either way it gets watered. Quart like the OP suggested sounds about the right amount.
Sitting in the garage… she’s pissy, with a plug… so…

2 Likes

A quart saturated the central part of the pots pretty well. But idk how much of that actually makes its way down and around. So I just wanted to get some others advice on the actual amount of water they use. Thanks guys

2 Likes

Imo you should be watering more in a ring around outer 2/3 of pot or so. That will encourage your roots to grow out more than down.

4 Likes

I do that sometimes. But then I just realized today how dry the whole center seemed. And I read that you don’t want to let it dry out all the way.
Needless to say, I wish I would have went with coco/perlite or even DWC, instead of this peat based medium

1 Like

Your plants aren’t that big. It’s important to get a nice root mass going now so that you get faster wet/dry cycle later. That will allow you to feed more and your plant will grow and develop faster.

1 Like

Ugh!!! These look like balls!

@Bogleg @dbrn32 @Bulldognuts @repins12
@Covertgrower @AutoMattik

2 Likes

From the ol mans tent. He has 5 going in a flood and drain system. Seemed to be doing awesome.
Til he saw that today

Yeah no doubt about that.

3 Likes

Ah! Waaay to graphic before coffee.

3 Likes

Sorry time to die for him.

3 Likes

damn sausage fest there

4 Likes

3 Likes

Yep. Balls they are

3 Likes