New grower..stem long, leaves kinda wierd, and ph a little high. Help

I read this but heard Yoda…

3 Likes

ANY product not made by APERA is junk ( the cheap ones in my inventory).
Paid the price, twice. before the damage done to soils in my tents.
Apera 20 would only require once and not left me with locked soils.

1 Like

Is the rh at 50% good for the seedling

70-80% is better for the first 2 weeks. 50-60% throughout the veg stage and then 40-50% during flower. These are typical but if you struggle with high RH like some do, then as long as you have really good airflow higher humidity is doable.

My sf1000 works best there also good call

No actually i struggle with low rh but the temp stays great at 78-79 degrees. So keep it high for now. Will do

Easiest way to maintain good RH is to add a dome and mist inside. When you water just use a few ml at the perimeter of the dome. I would think you would see a noticable dif in 48 hours.

Great thank you cuz i be fighting the elements in central florida with humidity its 55 in there now with lights

The rh at 55% is fine

1 Like

Hey guys so now its day 7 kinda small right?? . So ive been reading about watering her and when to really water her. So she was potted in Dr. Earth organic soil, i did not add water to the soil. Once planted i misted all the soil with about 4oz of water and let her sit. Ive been misting the soil with about 2oz of water ph 6.7 water every 2 days or when she looking dry. She is under 100W lights at about 18 inches away. I redomed her bc the humidity keeps dropping but her leaves finally opened so thats a good sign but looks like her stem is still getting longer. Temp 81 RH between 55 and 50, under 18/6 lighting. Central Florida indoor grower. @Storm @Aussie_autos @Docnraq

1 Like

And its Afgan Auto

That cap blocking some light might be why she is stretching.

No. Germ phase takes about 7 days. She is right on cue.

2 Likes

That why I use the bottom side. I was scared the cap would be a problem too :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Looks on point. Probably dont need the dome. If starts going vertical hard lower light and fill in around with dirt for support. Doing good.

1 Like

New concern. So do she need to be watered? Not misted but watered. My readings on my tester is saying shes dry+ i mist the top soil every 2 days into it looks wet on top but if i stick the tip of my finger in the dirt about 2cm below its dry to touch.Humidity around 66% Temp 77-80°. Also 1 leaf is extra small compared to the others and the top of the stem near the leaves is turning brown. Soil ph 7.0, water ph 6.6-6.7. @Docnraq @Storm @Bonjoyle @Aussie_autos

1 Like

Might be time for a lil water (A LIL) dont want soil super dry or super wet at this time. Maybe 60ml of water in a circle two or three inches away from your seedling. That will be all she would need for a few days or more. Seedlings get most of their water from the air first couple weeks.

Tip: in future grows, be sure to fill that bag with soil. Multiple waterings will compact the soil over time so it shrinks in height.

Ok gotcha… ill give her a Lil water. So i watered the outside this morning should i wait to it dry before i add the 60ml around the base of the seedling or do it now. Also she still looks to be reaching should i turn up my lights or drop my lights they about 18in away from her right now. @Docnraq

Never water at the base of the plant. Both red and green zones expand as plant gets larger. Always stay 2 or three inches from tip of leaf until that isnt possible anymore, then always in green between edge of pot and base of plant.

If you mean misted instead of watered then now if you poured any amount larger then 1/4 cup then let it dry.

Turn it up a lil should be at about 55-60% and always keep your light 18-24 inches away from canopy.

3 Likes

Yea i meant misted shes dry again now so ill water her a little and turn her lights up.

1 Like

I would give her about 40-50 mls of water around the base of the plant

1 Like