New Grower Sour Diesel Auto Support/Journey Thread

Looking good @Jilli as @DieselGRWR recommended, lower your light some so your girls wont stretch real bad. If they start leaning, build up the soil around the base of the stem for support. Keep on rockin! :face_in_clouds::face_in_clouds::face_in_clouds::face_in_clouds::face_in_clouds:

2 Likes

My temps are around 68-70. Average humidity right now is about 72%. I pre soaked soil before I put the seeds in which was about 5 days ago at this point and the last time I even sprayed them was 3 days ago but I was told to leave them be right now so I haven’t watered. My average DLI is around 15 right now but maybe #4 is receiving slightly less? I’ll re check my DLI today and see what’s going on. #4 is the only one that seems to be growing taller than the rest

2 Likes

What do y’all think my DLI should be at at this stage

Just checked them out from last night. Plants 1 and 2 and 3 are seeing some really nice growth. This is day 3 going into day 4. I have a small theory that may explain the stretching on plant 4. The baby leaves on plant 4 are genetically smaller than all the other plants so maybe it requires a bit more light to make up for it?

Youll learn that no two plants are the same. Even same strains have different phenotypes and will grow amd mature at different rates. I have 3 GDPs in veg right now and i can already tell all 3 will look different.

2 Likes

Update:

Picture is about 18 hours after my last post. All still looking good I think plant #4 is just a skinny girl

3 Likes

Hi @Jilli they all look great! Set to watch! I love growing the sour diesel autoflower. It produces fat, dank nuggets and stays short. They start slow, then after a week or two really take off!
DLI is good for now at 15-20. Will want to increase to 30-40+ as they grow.

@Stickyicky407 Sounds good! Yeah I have a chart that gives me a rough idea of the DLI at each stage. I chose sour diesel because it’s one of my favorite strains and as a first time grower, I know exactly what I should be expecting from the nugs come harvest time in terms of flavor, texture, and smell. So more or less I should have a good idea on if the quality of the nugs I produce are up to par. I’m really enjoying this hobby so far!

Update: all still growing strong and have begun to start growing their second set of leaves. Is this on track for day 6 out of soil? Here are some nice pics

3 Likes

Little flying birdies. Right on track.

Hey can anyone help? Nothing major, but I just checked out the plants and in plant #1 I noticed like a tiny piece of green coming out more towards to edge of the pot it looked like a tiny piece of grass. After further inspection it was connected to a tiny little root sticking above the soil although before I noticed that I made the mistake of giving it like the smallest tug thinking that it was somehow not apart of anything so the green part of it fell off. I’ll send a pic to see what I mean I’m not sure if it’s part of the plant or if it was something in the soil

It’s just this one little tiny stalk

1 Like

It looks like a blade of grass.

That’s what I was thinking so maybe it was just a grass seed in the soil?? Idk I’ve never seen anyone on here mention anything like this happening in FF soil

1 Like

I have seen all hinds of stuff grow from FF soils. I run a grow supply shop and see all kinds of stuff people bring in.

Sounds good thanks for helping. Wasn’t sure if it was part of the plant or not lol

1 Like

When do you think I should start watering? So far all I’ve done is spray the top once a day usually

1 Like

I wouldnt use a spray bottle. I would use a shot glass or 2 daily and circle her staying about 2" away from the stalk until she gets her footing.

How long would you say you you usually wait after sprouting that you start watering to runoff

1 Like

After about the 4th week in FF soil