New grower question

I’m a new grower and was wondering how close to harvest I am.

4 Likes

Hard to say exactly to be honest but your buds are starting to mature as you can see the pistil hairs are changing color.

2 Likes

Do you have some magnification device? Many recommend a jewler’s loupe. Check the trichomes for cloudy and amber heads.

The brown pistils will begin to shrivel and get incorporated into the bud. I’m not as experienced as many, but I’m thinking a couple of weeks at least.

Looks great. Keep it up!

1 Like

Get a loupe. Look at the trichomes.

1 Like

She looks beautiful. Enjoy.

3-4 weeks

1 Like

Nice buds! I agree with the above replies. I have a 30x, 60x jeweler loop and I like to wait for a few (approx 10%) amber trichomes to show up. Definitely read the ilgm guide to trichomes and harvesting like our fellow grower posted above. You are getting close, as family man stated! Post any questions you have along the way. Your plant looks great. :+1:t2::deciduous_tree:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the replies they really help. Another question if I may, it’s calling for heavy rain the next few days, should I bring her in? Mainly wondering if rain can wash off the trichromes?

1 Like

No rain doesn’t wash off trichs and a little won’t kill it but when your knee deep in flowering a deluge of water isn’t so good. You want to avoid it if ya can and bringing them inside when a big storm is coming plus the winds with heavy colas don’t mix is the right call.

4 Likes

They won’t wash off. After harvest I wash the buds in water and hydrogen peroxide. I guess it’s the new thing going around. Gotta be better than smoking bug crap.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s true lol. I was just wondering because it’s supposed to be a heavy rain

You might want to put a cover over the plants. I would be concerned about mildew and mold growth at your stage.

I think I would bring it inside for that reason. Just me. :thinking: