New grower PLEASE HELP

I have 5 seeds that im germinating right now: 2 blue dream, 1 green crack, 1 blue haze ,1 blue cheese all off ilovegrowingmarijuana.com

And no I was gonna start them off in red solo cups then transfer them over to the 1 gal n then 5 if needed

The germination process i will be using is the standard paper towel method

But whats wrong with the lights if you mind me asking?

1 Like

Itā€™s a 100 watt light, and kinda middle of the road one at that. For a 2x4 you would probably want 3 of them to flower. There are obviously better lights, so may not be a great idea to run out and buy more them either.

I use paper towel method and start in solo cups, so could idea imo.

1 Like

Oh ok can you suggest a better grow light thats not to expensive im on a tight budget

How about the https://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Indoor-Plants-SUNRAISE-Triple-Chips/dp/B07KR2S65L/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=4x2+grow+light&qid=1596254305&sprefix=4x2&sr=8-16

1 Like

I feel like the light you have is better than that one. I typically recommend going with something like a qb 260 xl kit from horticulture lighting group for a 2x4. I think they run about $350 if you assemble yourself, and there is usually a discount code for 10% floating around. There are some knock off fixtures similar to it that you can probably get a little cheaper, but Iā€™m not all that familiar with them. You would probably be best to search the forum for feedback on something like that.

1 Like

After some research I think Iā€™ve found a good light and was look for your opinion

The light i found is called 1200W COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum LAMPSOUL LED Plant Growing Lamp with Auto On/Off Timer and Daisy Chain for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower (1200watt)

I found it in Amazon but the link wonā€™t load

That light seems kinda gimmicky to me. I donā€™t have first hand experience with it, but thereā€™s a ton of lights just like it and results usually arenā€™t great.

I would search the forum more than Iā€™m searching Amazon. Most of the lights on Amazon are way over advertised. Several members have gotten garbage lights from Amazon and left poor reviews. Then the seller emails them and offers them a bunch of discounts or free products to change their review. The members here have no vested interest in lighting companies, see what they say.

2 Likes

Where do I go for fertilizers

1 Like

Iā€™d go with what dbrn32 said about lights. Iā€™ve been an outside grower for decades, but started growing inside several years ago, and got piss poor results until he told me about the HLG lights. My harvest went from a couple of ounces to over a pound per plant wet trimmed with those lights. Iā€™ve now got eight of them.

4 Likes

Hey i was wondering what about this light ?

I was actually thinking of keeping the light i have right now, the MARS HYDRO TS 600W LED Grow Light 2x2 ft and just buy another one for flowering.

I was wondering for germination and seedling stages what should the light cycle be if any? @dbrn32

1 Like

I usually run my light on constantly from the time I drop seeds until about a week after they sprout, then go to 18 hour light schedule until Iā€™m ready to send plants into flowering.

2 Likes

@budgrower4life I feel like this is a really good light, esp for your tent size.
Spider Farmer Newest SF-2000

It has the same (LM301B LED) top of the line LEDā€™s that your HLG does, just 3X more of them. It is also Dimmable so you can turn it down for the young ones.

Also your HLG light doesnā€™t say it has Infrared light. The Spider-Farmer has 660nm red and IR light that is especially useful during bloom, where it speeds up flowering time and boost yields.

I know itā€™s more than you can probably afford, but I would just save for it. Having 1 really good light is better than 3 crappy ones. Once you get this light you can use your old one for seedlings/veg stages while you flower with this light.

2 Likes

Could you elaborate on this? I just made a post my journal the other day observing the awesome growth I get in those six hours of darkness. But mine are all beyond a week so itā€™s not in conflict with what youā€™re saying. Any reason for the one week special treatment? something about the biology of the plant early on? Just curious.

Are you sure they are growing in the dark? As in creating new growth/nodes, or just getting taller as in some internodal elongation? Itā€™s probably the latter, as cannabis is c3 plant and well documented that they will create everything thet need without any dark period. As is the plant response to darkness or shade.

1 Like

I suppose I meant the latter. Plants elongated I considered that growth. didnā€™t mean to misinform?

1 Like

All good, they are just two different things that are often misconstrued as being the same.

1 Like

Appreciate the correction. Only way im gonna learn.

1 Like

sorry i just saw this. i use foxfarms trio because its easy and cheap. i am researching jacks because it looks easier and better. nftg is too complicated for someone as new as i am. i like to order sample packs from all of them and extreme gardening has great samples too

1 Like

Can someone help me out here and tell me if this is normal? This baby is about 2 weeks old, Iā€™ve been keeping her soil moist not soaked, under light on 12 hours off 12. But something seems off. I wouldnā€™t know though Iā€™m a first time grower!!

1 Like