New grower plants short not getting taller

Help I’m a novice grower. White widow auto flower (f). All the 3 plants look really healthy they are 15 days old. My one plant is getting taller, but the other two are short and stocky.

What is your light situation?? What r you using?? Fill out a support ticket so people can more accurately help you!

This is the light I am using. Approximately 2 ft above plants in a grow box with aluminum foil lining.

@cindyklatt Is tht model dimmable? I do not use spider farmers but considering the short node spacing it seems its a bit intense for them…
2ft height is ideal

This is my third grow, so I’m learning. My only issue now is my plants are consistently SHORT, mostly around 12-16 inches! And some are not as branched or bushy as they should be. The plants have all been healthy and developed tasty, nice size colas.

Here’s the details: auto seeds from ILGM White Widow, Wedding Cake and Northern Lights; 1200 watt LED Viparspectra lights height closer than company recommended but not burning plants; I have three lights over five plants in a 8x4 grow tent with pitched roof; good air circulation, using rain water; Advanced Nutrients as recommended but at half strength every time I water, using Micro, Grow and Bloom and Voo Doo, Piranha, Bud Igniter, B-52, Bud Candy, Overdrive, and Flawless Finish;

The previous two I tried 24 hour light schedule, but this last grow went with a 18/6, then 12/12 schedule. I also added the supplements to the MGB base nutrients. This has led to bigger buds, but still very short plants.

I also previously used de-chlorinated, pH about 6.5-7 tap water. This last time I had rain water to use. The temperature around 80-85 day, 75 night.

I also grew Blue Dream auto this last time. Those plants grew as tall as they are supposed to be, but not as bushy. The colas are nice size, however.

Any ideas on what is going on with White Widow, Wedding Cake, and Northern Lights autos? It seems to me that something happens, or doesn’t happen in the vegetative cycle. The plants seem to be on target, but start producing flowers by 3 weeks. Any ideas are appreciated.

Below are the plants at 7 weeks

I forgot to say I’m using cloth grow bags, 2 gallon size, and using soil-less mixture. Thanks for any ideas to make plants grow taller.

What do u think that plant will end up with weight wise? I got 9 inch plants now wanting to flip lights donno how badly I’d end up harvesting. I’d estimate my plants around that size if I flip now wanting to estimate quantities before I do that tho.

I would create a thread on the subject. You’ve replied to a 2 year old thread and none of the participants in this thread have been in the forum for over 2 years.

Yield cannot be estimated by plant size, though it contributes heavily. Yield is of course dependent on plant size, but yield also depends on genetics, grower experience, and the environment the plant is given. These 3 factors also happen to determine plant size in most cases. If you are growing autos you have to take what you get unless you are a very experienced auto grower.

2 Likes

It could just be the genetics the plant in the back of this picture is 15 day old as well and its doing beautifully but its short and squat im also using the same ligh as you in a 27"x27" grow tent mine is only about a foot above