New grower, not sure whats wrong

I’m not too experienced either cowboy but I do know that at temps above about 76* and the dissolved oxygen levels in your nute solution drop drastically. At 82* you probably deprived the roots of the oxygen they needed.if the temps keep becoming a problem then you could upgrade to a bigger air pump so it’s pushing a crap load of air into the solution and also depending on how many nodes your plant has,a tds of 500 may be a little strong,try dropping to about 350

It does look like nute burn or maybe a pH toxicity. We could use some more info.

What kind of soil? What is the nutrient concentration in the soil in EC/PPM? NPK values could help as well. If you are feeding a nutrient mix the EC/PPM reading and NPK values also would be of help.

What is the pH in the soil at the root-zone? What is the pH of the soil in general and what is the pH of the water you give it as well as any nutrient mix you might give it?

I’ve been asked to take over my husband & neighbor’s growing experiment (their first try) because they think I can save their plants. I’m not so confident, my only gardening experience is house plants. HELP ME!! The soil was bone dry when I took them over last week, so this far I’ve just watered and pulled off a few big lower leaves that looked pitiful. We’ve had a ton of new growth toward the base of the plant since I did this.

Strain; no clue (if you have an idea, I’d love to know)

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Soil

System type? ?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? ?

What is strength of nutrient mix? Do I need this?

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor

Light system, size? 2 grow light stands (I’ll attach a photo)- 16 hours of light, 8 of dark

Temps; Day, Night: around 71

Humidity; Day, Night: unknown

Ventilation system; 1 box fan

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: no

Co2; Yes, No: no

At this point, what do I need to be doing?

When should I start weaning light to 12/12?

1 Like

Looks like the soil is too hot. Have you replanted these since taking over the experiment? If not; I recommend you re-pot all plant in fresh soil. PH water @ 6.5

The plants look to be too dark of green, which indicates too much Nitrogen.

Can do. What soil do you recommend?

I believe they were using a miracle grow food, could that have caused the nitrogen abundance?

Here is what may have happened. Miracle Grow soil (does not need nutrients throughout veg cycle)

May have added MG ferts to soil, too early.

At this point; I would not want to spend too much, but you can judge what type of yield you may get for the expense.

I think a plant is worth 7 bucks if you can save it. On the cheap end; Get some MG “Organic Choice”

I will get you a link for this product. :slight_smile:

1 Like