New grower needs help with germination

New grower. Just got my seeds and started to germinate them. Started with 5 gorilla glue seeds. Started to soaked seeds in small clear glass. Soaked for 48 hours. They seem to be starting to crack open. I put them between paper towels to finish sprouting. Is this okay?Read you should not leave in water more than 24 to 48 hrs. Is this article correct?

I wait til I see seed crack then put in rapid rooter

I switched the title for you…personal info is not allowed on this forum. It sounds like you’re doing everything correctly. I personally skip the paper towel part and go from soaking (usually overnight or until they sink at least) straight into the medium or starter plug.

Here is a step-by-step guide:

Most importantly, welcome to ILGM! There’s no such thing as a dumb question. Everyone is here to help each other grow as best as possible! :v:

2 Likes

I do 24 hours in water ,then straight to soil, usually see sprouts after a few days

Same from 24 hour in water to dirt. I have no luck with the paper towel method. For stored seeds i leave out in room temperature for 24 hrs the into cup of water 24 hours then dirt.

I am growing in soil literally just planted them and soaked the soil 4/5 sprouted

Soaked the soil, be careful not to drown the sprouts. :wink: 4 of 5 good start 5 will pop in a day or two.